Amitriptyline Headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.. first post..

Iv been taking amitriptyline for 7 months now for chronic pelvic pain syndrome and it has succeeded in eradicating the pain very well.. but in the last 5 days iv developed a awful headache around the forehead and eyes that i cant shake off.. could anyone tell me if this could be linked to amitriptyline (50mg) im also having a dry mouth plus trouble pee'ing which iv read are definitely linked to the amitriptyline but its the headache that is the worse for me currently

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi. Well, headaches are certainly a recognised side effect of Ami. Also a withdrawal effect. It can also affect eye pressure I understand.

Here's a pretty good list of side effects if you wish to take a look....

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/amitriptyline-side-effects.html

I'm not a doctor though of course! I have been digging into Ami info over the last few months, as I am coming off the drug....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.