Amitriptyline help please insomnia depression anxiety can't cope

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 31 and have suffered insomnia for the last few years. I have accepted I have depression/anxiety and need help as I can't cope with how bad I feel and how such simple things are the biggest struggle even getting dressed seems like the hardest thing to do. I have no choice though I am a single parent have a demanding 48 hour a week job and have a horse. Some people may look at it that I have taken on too much but I can't see a way of changing my life and in some ways I wouldn't want to. I just need to sleep and something to help balance me out and have a positive outlook on life.

I've been on various medication over the years but nothing has worked for me. I've just stopped taking sertraline as I have bigger problems sleeping on it, bad heart palpitations my eye keeps twitching and felt so sick I couldn't eat. I struggle eating at the best of times! Also I haven't been diagnosed but wonder if I have IBS or certain food intolerance as feel different after certain foods.

Can anyone offer guidance or what to avoid or similar problems.

Doctor thinks I have ME and or fibromialga as I ache constantly and get worn out easily.

Also I fractured my spine 2 years ago so have back pains and bad head injury almost 2 years ago resulting in severe concussion which I have trouble remembering certain things and signal between my eyes and head are often a bit slow to catch up.

I know it sounds a lot or a bit exaggerating but wanted to be open about all the different things I have going on daily.

Like I say any help at all what ever it may be I would appreciate.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your blood panels check also hormone levels too?
    • Posted

I've had various bloody tests over recent years but nothing has ever shown up unless they're not testing for the right things. It's as if you need to know your self what's wrong to suggest certain things for them to look into

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

Sounds terrible what your going through and I sympathise greatly. 

I share a similar story to yours and feel for you. 

Have been depressed/anxious and taken anti depressants for 20 years, have kids, married and trying to hold it all together. In severe pain and also been thrown in a fibromyalgia bucket.

Been off anti depressants for a few months and tricky but feel strongly that these pills are now doing more harm than good. 

Have you taken an intolerance test to food? It’s cheap, easy and worth it. Was intolerant to cows milk, gluten and a few other things and have since become vegan. It certainly has helped a little. Dairy ( whether intolerant or not can aggregate your problems. 

Have tried absolutely everything to get better and the only thing that helped with the pain is unfortunately durogesic patches ( contains opiates ).

Also doing meditation/ wellness that would recommend highly. 

Keep strong and here for you if you have any questions.

Ed

• Posted

Hi Lucy

I am currently coming off amitriptyline 10mg been on it since Nov 1st. I had bad side effects so I had to come off it. I was nauseas, barely any appetite and very dizzy to the point I would faint. Going through these nasty withdrawals currently which are no fun. I have muscle pains, headache and super bad nausea. You could see a naturopath and have an allergy test done. If found out there are a few things that I cannot eat. Although with these withdrawals I don't feel like eating anyways lol. Some forms of IBS are actually caused by food intolerance or SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) the naturopath can test for this too. Sometimes taking a live probiotics helps😊 how long were you on this drug for?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.