AMITRIPTYLINE i have a Rectocele and a sphincter that is closing or deciding not to open

Posted , 4 users are following.

either way its a big problem with " pain "" .....I have been given these tablets as the pain in my front and back end has been unbearable .... every time I mention these tablets people say ohhhhhhhhhhhh your suffering from depression .... which im clearly not .............maybe if i dont get better or somewhat fixed i may end up with depression at this rate ............. but are they used for many things and for nerve ending pain refief as i have been prescribed bbecause honestly i not just say i cant pronounce the name of my medication when im asked .... my condition is definitely getting worse but the tabs are greatly helping .....although i could not afford to put on weight as i read from the some people it seems to happen .... this would be veryyyyyyyyyyy bad foor my condition

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Amitriptyline also helps nerve pain. I take it to help relieve neck pain
    • Posted

thank you for your reply, it is good to know that somone else is taking these tablets for nerve pain ,,,,, honestly even when i went in to hospital last week ( which really is the reason for my upset) i went to see how my condition was doing and the person who puts you alseep said ahhhhh i see you suffer with depression you take AMITRIPYLINE and i said yes for nerve pain ............. but of all people i thouthg he would know as to the why ...... anyway thank you once again for the reply happy to know its been used for nerve pain by someone else
  • Posted

Hello again Ado. Amitriptyline funnily enough is not licenced by the NHS to be prescribed for nerve pain but it is well known to block nerve pain which is why it's commonly used for that purpose. I read about that some time ago and it's only recently my GP found out as well!
  • Posted

They are the only pills that killed my nerve pain. I was on 50 mg , I ended up feeling like a zombie .   I had previously been  takng antidepressants for depression, mY GP said I couldn't take both , and took me off fluroxetine and put me on amitryptaline as she said that would treat both ... Pain and depression after 2 months I decided  !! Not for me , ended up a nervous wreck but with no pain ... Needless to say I gave up on the amitryptaline , back on the others .. Pain is now back, but I feel human .. So yes they are good for nerve pain and also helped me sleep . Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.