Amitriptyline Taper

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, has anyone read about / does anyone have experience with the recommended taper schedule to step down from 100mg daily of Amitriptyline after taking that dose for almost two years?

I have received wildly contradictory recommendations from a new psychiatrist and unfortunately do not trust him.

The pharmacist recommended 4-6 weeks.

Thanks

Curious also to hear about side effects people experience with longterm use of the medication

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

please taper as slow as you can over a whole year withdrawal effects are horrnendous trust me

• Posted

what if my mom has only been taking it for 12 days 10mg. What do we do to take her off of it...

• Posted

I began taking 25 mg.. Then it was increased to 50 mg. and I have been taking it going on 4 years. This past spring we moved to another state and I ran out of it. Ended up being off of it for 4 days. The withdrawal was awful. A couple of days wasn't bad but man that sucked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.