Amitriptyline to help sleep headache

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I took a 10mg amitriptyline on Thurs nite bout 8pm, doc percribed for sleep. Taking 100mg sertraline aswell. About 10.30pm had a nasty heavy headache, pressing sort of all over then it went by 11.10pm. I didn't sleep well, so thought didn't work. Fast forward to 6pm next day, it was like a light was switched, all my anxiety panic shaking gone. Felt great could watch TV relax, which I haven't done in weeks. And I continued to feel good all nite. Didn't take another amitriptyline cos of the headache. Woke up this morning shaky and bn bad again all day. Any ideas people?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was prescribed amitryptiline for sleep it did work but I felt kind of out of it next day. I didn't like it at all. I have struggled with insomnia for the past 6 months because of withdraw from mitrazapine. I've tried everything. I've found something that works for me and it's called valerian from Holland and Barrett. I bought the one I think it's 337mg capsules and they work 100% for me . Hope this helps it works with anxiety

• Posted

Hi there Daz , i have been trying to cut back slowly pain in my legs is horrible but just dont like the side packs of those pills gave me bad head aches horrible and strange turns like funny things it would come ouer me like dizzy and just feeling funny round my heart told my docter he checked it said its okay . i know i have been under stress as i lost my mum a year march but i belive theres diffrent stuff in the drugs as i took it for my change afew years back sorry to here you are getting bad heads inthink its the drug . i found i eat loads on it hipe this helps linda ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.