Amitriptyline withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I 've been off 25 mg of ami over 4 months I did stop to 10m and then cold turkey I m suffering upset stomach terrible reflux and nausea headaches and high anxiety has anyone else been like this I had ibs and a hh before ami but things are worse don't no if it wd

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I only took two days of this drug it made me feel like I wanted to kill myself and I had a terrible headache glad I stopped taking it I bet your having these symptoms from withdrawal from this dreadful drug

• Posted

they are trying to give me this med for anxiety and depression and i didnt know it had such bad side effects. has anyone else had problems witth it? I am now worried about starting it

• Posted

did the amitr. help your depression and was it easy to start on it?

Is it the coming off thats more of a problem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.