Amitriptyline withdrawal from 30mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please can anybody help me with the withdrawal I think I am experiencing from 35mg of amitriptyline, I recently have been put on mirtazipine 15mg instead of amitriptyline and told by a psyche nurse that I could just stop amitriptyline 35mg I took my last dose of amitriptyline last Tuesday and have been feeling horrendous mentally but today the shakes,tingling,dizziness and brain fog have been horrible, I was on mirtazipine previously a long time ago but can't remember when i started on amitriptyline or ever feeling like this. Please can anybody help?? I'm not coping..... πŸ˜”πŸ˜’πŸ˜­

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi, it's horrendous,I went cold turkey!! I decided that I had had enough, 10years of taking 20mg at night. Mine was for afew reasons-my dad passed away suddenly.Then I broke my shoulder(that was 2011)So they have been good for nerve pain,and to help me sleep. But taking Amertriptaline for as long as I have causes lots of other issues. So cold turkey......... I stopped taking them on March 18th 2021.

OMG- stomach cramps, being sick, heart palpertations,shakes,headache/migraine body aches,muscles sore, can't sleep, can't eat, IBS, tingling hands, dry skin . All I will say is hang on in there. 40 days later, not much of an appetite still, still not sleeping great, but I'm proud of myself for doing it.And getting this far.πŸ˜€ Knowledge is power, it's about finding information,a process of elimination. I stopped it because I found out that Amitriptyline can cause our blood sugar level to increase and lots of other symptoms!! which is very similar to Menopause/ Thyroid/ Diabetes. So that's that one nearly ticked offπŸ˜€ I wish you luck, stay strong🀞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.