Amitriptyline withdrawal success.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all. My older post was this (Came off of this evil drug cold turkey. (Sharing my journey))

You can check that one out. This is the new update:

Now this one would be my last and I am done here. 

It was an actual glimpse of hell on earth. Words cannot explain, and Doctor did not believe me, He said there is not such a thing called withdrawal from this drug. so the doc gave me another SSRI Antidepressant saying I have problems LOL.

I threw that away immediately. Went back and just kept going and hoping and trying to face my fears. Note that I did not take anything. I got what they call 5-htp, but I even did not take that one cuz I believe the body is stronger than anything and we must not do its job for it with drugs. It will make our immune system very lazy cuz there will be nothing to do. My symptoms were nausea, buttefly in the stomach, sleeplessness, and the major ones were anxiety and panic. Also I completely lost appetite and became very skinny. I would eat one egg for the whole day. I had many other symptoms coming and going like lightheartedness, feeling of fainting (just feeling), and one day I woke up and my eyes were moving from right to left super fast and for like 30 seconds, I did not have control over them. 

Long story short. It has been 4 months and a few days from my last dose (cold turkey)

Now, I eat like a bull, go to gym again, work again, fully optimistic again, love life again, fully functional and all symptoms are gone. I still get a little butterfly in stomach some days but it's nothing.

I must mention that symptoms will come and go and every-time that it comes, it comes less powerful until someday you won't even remember them.

If you are somebody withdrawing, Please just stick to it. Do not take other drugs. All what you going thru is withdrawal. I promise. It will go away, again, I promise. Stay strong and believe in the power of your body. It knows what it's doing. Trust me. I wish you all luck. I won't probably reply to things cuz I feel I am done and going after my life. sorry if commented and you did not receive any reply.

Good luck beloved ppl.   

2 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.