Amitriptyline withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone this is my first time at posting. I’ve been taking amitriptyline for 6 months and it hasn’t helped with my anxiety. my GP said to stop taking it by reducing the dose each week, which i did and now i have terrible withdrawal symptoms ( dizziness , nausea, dry retching all day, increased anxiety, panic attacks, shaking, crying, fatigue) just to name a few. these have been happening for three weeks now. how much longer will they persist and has anyone else had these problems?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

do you get palpations too.? x

• Posted

seen your reply, I was only on it for 2 weeks. had horrible nightmares, sensation of heart skipping a beat when trying to get to sleep. been off it for 2 days. still have sensation. but now have periods of horrible anxiety, depression with 0 motivation or outlook torwards anything. sweaty hands and face. fever like symptoms. numbness feeling in head and arms. how have u been since posting?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.