Amitriptyline Withdrawl

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I was on amitriptyline for about 9-10 months. i was out on 50mg which seemed to be too much so i cut the pill in half. i recently decided it really wasnt doing much for me except making me more tired in the morning. its been four weeks since i stopped taking it. i only tapered by cutting it in quarters for a few days. my withdrawls started as i couldnt sleep at night and was having panic attacks and nausea. I was making myself throw up due to the nausea which caused a neck strain. Now im having pressure in my head almost like someone is squeezing it or punching it. Im having a tingling sensation on my scalp along with itchy ness and when i touch my scalp it feels tender or my hair folcules feel tender. im also having pain behind my eyes. im not sure if this is due to the withdrawl or my neck strain and how long should this last.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.