Amitriptylne Withdrawal Shakes 10mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Good morning,

I've been taking 10mg of Amitriptyline each night to deal with some nerve pain, I was on them for around a month before i stopped due to feeling extremely tired at work and unable to keep my eyes open, I've noticed since i stopped i have this inner shake feeling, is this normal when quiting Amitriptyline with such a low dose?  I expressed my concerns to my partner and she advised that i was not physically shaking although i felt that I was, its just a inner shaking weird feeling, 

Regards

David

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey! 

Your probably experiencing a withdrawal... your better to taper down even if you were on it a short time 

• Posted

Thanks, I've got an appointment with my doctor this evening so i'll mention it to him and see what he thinks. Do you know how long the withdrawal symptoms typically last?

• Posted

Hi jameses. The feelings you are experiencing are pretty normal when starting amitriptyline. It took me 3/4 months before i stopped the symptoms you too are experiencing. They are perfectly normal.

Best wishes!!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Stephen, it's such a weird feeling, it's like a inner tremor but also like a pulsating heartbeat felt in my body but show no signs of a tremor to others. I'm waiting to see my doctor now so I'll see what he says & hopefully it will get better in time

• Posted

What did your doctor say? 

I know a lot of doctors who say stop things cold turkey but no matter how long you've been on them you'll still experience something as your brain needs to level back out... hope your feeling better 

• Posted

Hi Ohman,

My doctor said I shouldn't get withdrawal symptoms from 10mg, he checked my heart and other things and all were normal, he put this down to anxiety although I didn't feel very anxious before this happend. I tend to agree with you that my body is a bit out of sync, one minute i was taking them, then I stopped for a few days then I started again and stopped again. I spoke to him about the bad things like Parkinson's, MS & ALS which he ruled out, be has prescribed me Propanalol for the shakes and said the due to the sleep and tiredness problems I have that could be having an effect on me and put me out of sync abit, hopefully with time this will settle down.

• Posted

Hi Jameses, when i reduced down to 5mg many months ago i too had a inner  tremble, i asked my husband if he could see me moving he couldnt. It is all the withdrawal symptoms of ami. slowly does it xx
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Amanda, I'm pretty sure my shakes have something to do with the Amitriptyline, I still have them but they are getting better each day. I think the trembles increase the anxiety which then makes everything worse.

• Posted

Hi james i agree, anxiety increases all the withdrawal symptoms xx take care x
  • Posted

hello James,

I know its a long time ago, but I feel the same after 6 weeks coming of amitriptyline. what happend to you after those years?

• Posted

I'm 3 weeks off same. how long did it take before the shaking went away for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.