Amitryptalin

Posted , 6 users are following.

I weaned off amitryptalin very slowly.. I felt fine the first month but now I feel sad and unmotivated and terrible. I cant do a thing. How long will this last?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i no how you feel , i tried coming off them didnt get a lot of sleep for a week had to go back on them,

• Posted

I wish I could tell you it will be soon, it depends on how long you have been taking it and how much. It's an evil medication. Have you been given a different medication, or are now on none? Talk to yourdoctor.

• Posted

Were you on for depression? Maybe your depression is coming back. If you were on it for pain the amitriptyline may have helped you with depression you didn't know you have. You should call your Dr.

• Posted

I just want to get off this medication but how long till I start to normalize? Im also on Cipralex and Im hoping it will carry me

• Posted

I stopped it 4 weeks ago. I was fine the first week then boom its been awful. Ive been in bed most of the time feeling down, no energy and weird sensation in my face. My gp said there wouldnt be any withdrawl as i was on a low dose, 30mg for a year......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.