Amitryptiline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey,

This is my third day taking 10mg amitryptiline and it seems to have made me quite tired and lethargic but done little for my anxiety. I understand what type of anti depressant this is etc, and sometimes it takes weeks to work but was wondering what other oeoee experiences are with this drug. Also in relation to alcohol with it as I'm single, 20 and enjoy a night on the town every now and again and I don't want this to get in the way or it really.

Cheers

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am on amitriptyline 10mg you do know your supposed to take them at night? I've been on mine nearly 2weeks now feeling loads better although i think i need to be on a stronger mg hope they start working soon for u x
    • Posted

Hi, yes I take them around 9 at night but seem to be quite tired throughout the day and find it hard to get up in the morning which is unlike me as i usually spring out, glad to know theyve made you feel better, bit of motivation to stick with them as i usually give up! x
  • Posted

10mg is the lowest dose I took for just over a week and couldn't cope with the side effects, mainly tired and ringing in my ears, not being able to wake up on a morning. My GP says you need a 50mg does for anxiety/depression and I couldn't have handled that. I went back on citalopram. Also not a good idea to drink makes the effects even worse.
    • Posted

My doctor only gave me 10mg and knows i suffer really bad anxiety and depression also knows i ended up in hospital because of my anxiety il be going mad with him on Monday lol x
    • Posted

Yes, Citalopram which i hated and prozac but didnt give it much of a go.
    • Posted

Stick at the amitriptyline it might help you everybody is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.