Amitryptilline withdrawal and reinstating

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone i have weaned myself dunno if quickly or not since january 2019 from amitryptilline on a dose of 25 mg and since april 2019 i got my first withdrawal symptom burning left hand palm and forearm i was 2.5 mg then reinstated to 10 mg then i became ok but never though if it as withdrawal so i rediced again to 5 for a couplenof days and then 2.5 mg and first week of may when all symptoms appeared brutally burning hands and feet dry skin itchy scalp chest pain on lying down specially at night diarrhea and alternating constiaption anorexia loss of appetite anxiety and fear sore muscles and back went to ER 3 times ...my neurologist gave me lexapro 5 mg to allievate the sumptoms got worse in 2 days and then stopped the psychiatrist gave me pristiq took for 2 days and got worse and stopped i taking a sleeping to sleep ...i was wandering if incoukd reinstate this weekend with a very low dose like 2 mg to see my reaction if it could reduce these crazy symptoms i dont wanna get hooked on sleeping pills also whats is your feedback plz

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've reduced its baby brother notripyline now stopped for a week it's all side effects of coming off I have burning pain electric shocks gastro issues prickly skin rough skin feel headache get in touch with who ever told you to reduce I'm waiting to start new meds

Lina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.