amlodapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

well to all out there stop amloapine i was on this for 2 years i put my mental state down to a beareavment i was jittery sad nasty tearfull you name it i had it   i found this site and told my doctor to put me on water tablets i can honestly say i am a new woman in 2 weeks please please dont take this terrible drug and by the way its banned in a lot of countries stop now get diaretics

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, glad you are feeling so much better.   I think Amlodipine must be very cheap compared to other BP medication as it seems to be the drug of preference and the recommended initial medication according to my doctor.  Needless to say I have also stopped taking Amlodipine.  Good luck, Diana
    • Posted

I use Amlodipine and seem to have no adverse side effects, in spite of the negative views expressed here.  Do any of you find it useful?
    • Posted

Unfortunately no drug suits everybody for whatever reason but I know my sister in law has been prescribed amlodipine and so far is not aware of any adverse effects.  I had been taking it for a few months before any side effects started to appear.  I have now come to the conclusion that drugs of any kind should be a last resort and only used when there is no other way to deal with the condition.
  • Posted

Elizabeth, we have to remember that what suits one person may not suit another.  I know several people on Amlodipine who have no side effects, at least on the lower doses.  Diuretics aren't innocent either - I was recently taken off a diuretic when after just 3.5 weeks it raised my creatinine and potassium levels and lowered my sodium levels making me feel really poorly by the third week.

Also, if you have adverse side effects to any medication, remember to always report them to the MHRA via the yellow card scheme available in pharmacies.  They are the body responsible for the monitoring of drugs on the market.

Amlodipine hasn't actually been banned anywhere - this has been verified previously on this site.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.