Amlodipin sideeffects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Yesterday our Family Doctor suggested to stop taking Amlodipin due to swelling in fOOT..RIght foot has more swelling than left!!

I used to have irregular heart and palpitations last week. So I Stopped medication. But

She increased the dose of Ramipril.

Since 2 days I Stopped Amlodipin. Still see swelling and getting head ache. Is it normal or

Has anyone experienced the same. I am worried about coming days!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

stopped AMLODIPINE LAST YEAR DUE TO SWELLING OF left foot and irregular pulse rate.not on any blood pressure tablets now..have stabilised my blood pressure with diet and excercise.this drug gave me other terrible side effects like nightmares ,sleeplessness ,anxiety.i am still having occasional irregular pulse rate which is frightening and anxiety problems...so the effects of this drug can last for a long while after stopping it.

• Edited

Yes, I do have the more anxiety before I stop Amlodipin. How long did it take to get rid of the swelling... Do you take any other alternativ medication. How did u feel once u stop the Amlodipin.

Great to hear from you.

How Do you manage without med..

• Posted

mine was the same.left leg and ankle swelled more till it hurt .THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BURST.SO I CAME OFF IT TOOK A WHILE TO GO DOWN .BUT IM OK NOW .WENT ON ANOTHER ONE then kept going dizzy AWFUL .NOT ON ANY NOW .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.