AMLODIPINE

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on this med for over 1 year now. After reading the views here I went to my GP and explained that I wasn't happy with taking it. Even though I haven't been feeling great when taking this med I put it down to the BP being high. The doctor was not taking me off it so feel at a complete loss as I no my BP is high and there is a family history. Please does anyone feel really dizzy, tingling on left side and no energy at all? I am just turned 50 years old and this is the worse I have ever felt in my life. Please could you give me some advice what to do next?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was put on Amlodopeine after being taken off Atenolol. I found problems with pins and needles in my arms/hands in bed at night, sometimes cramps in my legs, and I felt quite a sense of depressiveness. As I was presenting with lots of aches and pains - which seemed to move around, some days my legs hurting, some days my back, and so on - I asked to come off Amlodopeine. As I was also taking other BP medication, my Gp agreed that one tablet, Olmesartan could be increased. However, once off the dreaded Amlod, found that my BP settled and I did not need the addtional dose.

My husband also takes Amlod and I keep asking him to get it changed - he is big time moody and permanently yawning and tired. Does this ring any bells? I am pleased to be off it. I was also concerned that it played a part in my development of Polymyalgia .....

• Posted

I have recently started taking this medication to back up valsartan as my bp was high, plus had an operation 2 weeks ago so had to get bp down for this. Been taking it now 3 weeks & have not felt good, but never do on bp medication. In last week have felt very dizzy & light-headed, even in bed & feel as if going to fall over. Reading through these posts it seems the amlodipine could be to blame? I will stop taking it to see if the feeling goes away.
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies. I have just invested in a breathing machine called RESPORATE to see if this improves my high BP, it has excellent reviews and highly recommended by known GP's such as Dr Chris Steele. I will let you all know how it goes, anything is worth a try.
  • Posted

Everything I read about this medicine is trough, I have all the symptoms after using this nearly 3 months, I started with 5 mg after a month it became 10 mg a month later I started to see blurt after just picking up my new

glasses??? for ever sick in the stomach , with feeling faint two hours I have taken this, I have put 7 lb on

even I'm for ever on a diet and did so well.

Swollen ancles, feeling if my head is shaking, can't sleep but tired the whole day, my bed is 3 years

old/young, but everything hurt in my body. I'm so pleased to find this site and will stop with this pill from now.

I'm Dutch and in Holland it is forbidden this pill.

What will happen now I don't now, I will talk first to my homeopath maybe she can help me.

But before I take something els I have to be back to my self, I feel angry with the whole world and

frustrated with everybody, that is not me. I let you know how it goes further. Haasje

• Posted

Hi,

There is a tablet called coversyl that does a similar thing, I think the side effects are less than with amlodipine...

Also garlic tablets can help to thin blood and therefore lower blood pressure, flaxseed oil can help to relax arteries too

• Posted

Thank you so much

I bought a blood pressure thing and I think my blood presser is ok

It is between 114 - 78 to the highest 136 - 83, pols is between 62 to 79 , it vary in the day a lot.

I have no pain anymore and no fainting or sissyness, sleep very well, don't use painkillers anymore.

What a different this is, I drink beetroot juice that keep my blood presser down and will go for the garlic pills,

even when I eat them already.

Haasje

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.