Amlodipine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does Amlodipine cause incontinence, fibro, swollen legs,tiredness etc 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Swollen legs/ankles..but the other things you mention? I highly doubt it.
    • Posted

Just tead this : Table 1. Medications That Affect Continence

Drug name

Associated condition

Alpha-adrenergic agonists

Clonidine (Catapres)

Hypertension

Guanfacine (Tenex)

Methyldopa (Aldomet, Amodopa)

Alpha-adrenergic antagonists

Doxazosin Hcl (Cardura)

Hypotension

Terazosin Hcl (Hytrin)

Anticholinergics

Propantheline (Pro-Banthine)

Irritable bowel syndrome, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

Tolterodine (Detrol)

Oxybutynin (Ditropan)

Dicyclomine (Bentyl)

Calcium channel blockers

Amlodipine besylate (Norvasc)

Angina, hypertension

• Posted

Remember...Amlodipine is a Calcium Channel Blocker...I do not see anything that belongs to the ACE or ARB class of bp medications unless I'm not recognizing the name. It seems you've gone to great lengths to

get this list together.I would suggest you consult your GP or get a second opinion for your problem. We here are a support group, & I don't think many or any are medical doctors.

• Posted

Hi Mike, I definitely did not go to great lengths to put a list together it was a an article I saw when I googled my query. I will explain I have not used this forum as a surgery but just to compare notes, sorry if I have done or said anything untoward.

I have been to my GP and have had the amlodipine stopped so won't be posting anymore 👍

• Posted

deni1...No, you have not done or said anything untoward at all. Actually, I was complimenting you on what seemed like research you had done regarding the Amlodipine. Yes, this medication is infamous for causing swelling of the feet/ankles, AND that swelling CAN travel up the legs. I was on the 5mg., then the Dr. doubled the dose. Why he didn't just tell me to split the 5mg in half..take half in the morning then the other half later in the day. but no he doubled it. Prior to the doubling I was fine, but once I started on the 10mg, the swelling in my feet/ankles & legs was ridiculous. Off the Amlodipine I came.What did your GP prescribe in place

ofthe Amlodipine?

• Posted

Hi Deni,

this medication most certainly made my legs and feet swell quite badly. Best thing I ever did was stop it. Probably for you also. GP told me i was not to have medication with ace inhibitors in it, if this is any help to you.

cheers

• Posted

I ended up in intensive care unit unable to breath. Tongue and throat swelled up quite badly. Pretty scarey. Doctors told me not to take medication with ace inhibitors in it.
    • Posted

tasma50773...Amlodipine is not an ACE...it's a Calcium Channel Blocker.

If you had to go to the Emergency room because of swelling of the tongue, etc.etc..you had a serious reaction to the Amlodipine..which obviously you cannot take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.