Amlodipine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just want to say I started this 2 months ago taking 1 tablet a day and have had no side effects at all and it lowered my bp  almost immediately.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

Like you Wendy I also have had no side effects and I've been on it for over 2 yrs. I have also been put on Perindoprol to lower it further 2 months ago and have also had no side effects from taking them both. After reading about all the side effects I was looking for all the symptoms and was anxious before I started taking it. It goes to show not everyone gets all the horrid side effects but feel sorry for the people that do. 

Hopefully we have reassured people about to start on it.

Best wishes  Angie. 

• Posted

Dear Wendy & Angie - I am so happy for you both that you have not had any issues with Amlodipine.  My husband and sister-in-law both take it and have not had any issues with it as well.  I did not get my first side effect from it until being on it for over a year and since I had no initial issues with the drug, I never put it together that it was causing all my problems.  I then suffered for almost 4 years with side effects, so I hope that if either of you develop issues, you will both look to the Amlodipine as the culprit. Hopefully, the Amlodipine does not do to you, what it has done to so many of us, wishing you both good health and low B/P.

debra

• Posted

I guess many, even most people can take it without side effects.  Is this the only BP medicine you're taking?

• Posted

I have been on this medication for about 2 months now and I have had no side effects. It scares me though as I read all the negative side effects. 
    • Posted

One of these days I hope they'll have genetic tests they can give everyone before they prescribe drugs.  They already do now for a couple of very expensive biologicals, it just hasn't worked its way down to generics like amlodipine yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.