Amlodipine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please please help me I’ve took amlodipine 5 mgsfirst time this morning I’ve been working 6 hours arrived home feel bad  am in bed  i feel my heart  beat 120  bp now no does go down  139/100

I need advise or some help please 07554384927

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds like you have an allergic reaction to Amlodopine. I hope by now the feeling has passed, but being anxious and scared can also cause your heart to beat way to fast. I have a similar problem to yours and l know from expirience being panicky about it sends mine over the top. Easier said than done l know to stay calm but do try. If no better or not reducing beats please phone 111(if in UK) and ask for advise. If you are still the same after an hour or two or even worse,call an ambulance. Let me know when you can if you ok. Take care and am sure you will get through this.

• Posted

Try and calm down. Were you anxious about taking the tablet? It sounds like a bit of an anxiety/panic attack. I’m not sure a 5 mg tablet would cause those symptoms 6 hrs after it was taken. Keep us updated. Sure it will settle down but if not seek advice from 111 
  • Posted

Do not worry...if you are monitoring ...just monitor twice a day..no more..also try cutting the 5mg in half and taking it 1/2 in morning and 1/2 at night with food. Hopefully you can substitute some NATURAL FOODS like beet juice,red grape juice, fish oil, ginger, Ceylon cinnamon , jasmine tea, milled flax seed, garlic and gradually reduce your dose (with monitoring twice and day..Take a walk ..for exercise and TRY to get our and cut down on the sweets and pastries and pop.

Its going to be OK so just have patience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.