Amlodipine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had been on Amlodipine for 3 years I had Malignant hypertension it use to read as high as 220 over 160. Yes it took it down I have been 120 over 70 and 80 for 2 and a half years so I was happy but did not know I was really building up a reaction to it till I went to bed fine woke up at 6 am took it like I always have laid back down woke up at 7 am bottom lip was swollen up so big it hug down. My pharmacist stopped me from taking them the next day.She said that is one of the side effects that could happen over night sweet couple of months or years but it could close my throat I could not breath and COULD DIE from it. It had also Benazapril Besaylate 40mg in it I was told it was the Benazipril I am allergic too I even had swollen feet that looked like they would bust. They left me on Amoldipine with Bsyelate 5 mg but my throat still feels raspy sort of scratchy and I find myself always trying to clear it like sinus drainage or something is just sitting in the back of my throat and want go away I am going to see if my Dr. can take me off completely it is not a good feeling. 07/30/2018

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi MsDebra

I would agree with you and stop the amlodopine as soon as you can. There are other meds your doctor can give you for high blood pressure that are far safer for you.

• Posted

Hi

I used to be on Ramipril for high BP, I was almost crippled with pain in my legs and feet, so I stopped taking it. My BP went back up again. I vowed I wouldn’t touch BP meds again. I’m very overweight, but I’ve lost 1 stone and I’m aiming to lose another 5 and a half stone. I walk for 2 hours early in the morning, every morning. Not only am I losing weight, but my BP has dropped from normally around 150/97 to 140/77. It’s a fabulous drop in my diastolic reading. I also try to eat a Mediterranean style diet, with lots of veg, nuts, seeds, olive oil. Personally I think it’s better to reduce BP the natural way, but it takes motivation and determination. 👍😁

• Posted

Yeah!...so pleased you have succeeded in changing your diet and lifestyle and your blood pressure is showing a normal reading. It takes a lot of determination as you say to change your way of life but is so beneficial. I am extremely sensitive to meds so have to use life style methods which I think is the best way. Not everyone is interested in making the effort and would prefer to take the pills then take another pill to combat the side effects. So pleased to hear how you have succeeded.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.