Amlodipine

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, I was wondering if this medication can cause you to feel shaky , On occasion, thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I had read that can be a side effect. I have been off the med for 3 days and will let you know if the shakiness goes away. I am hoping that the unsteadiness on my feet goes away as well. Google Mayo Clinic's site and search for side effects.

• Posted

I've been taking it for about three years now. At the beginning even the low dose dropped my BP so low I actually fell over once. But my body acclimated to it very fast, and now even the max dose barely control my BP and doesn't make me shaky or give me any other weird effects. Still don't understand why this is such a popular drug with docs as it doesn't seem to work very well, but just thought I'd share that with you.

Good luck!

• Posted

Yes, when I've taken the 10mg dose it made me feel worse than just "shaky". I decided I don't like the whole concept of calcium channel blockers and have got off it.

How long have you been taking it?

• Posted

Have been on Amlodipine for a year. During that time my ankles swell constantly and I feel shaky and anxious. My balance is bad and I have fallen a couple times. I am now actually relying on a walker if I am not in my own home. My doctor agreed for me to go off it this Tuesday. I think my balance is a bit better and my ankles while swollen are not as bad. From what I can research, it will take 2 weeks to get out of my system. I do not think I want to be on this type of drug again. I will post about any improvements.

• Posted

i have been on 5mg for a month , woke up this morning shaky and off balance ,dont like this feeling , going to see what i have to do to get off this awful drug

• Posted

i'm afraid to take my pill today , but i dont want to just stop it , 😦

• Posted

1 month , stopped it yesterday , starting troprol , i have been on it before , better then what i was on , bad drug

• Posted

YES, GERALDINE, I HAVE EXPERIENCED A FEW SHAKING EPISODES WHILST ON AMLODIPINE AND IT'S SISTER MED, FELODIPINE. NOW OFF BOTH AND WILL NEVER TAKE EITHER AGAIN AFTER THE TERRIBLE SWELLING IN MY LOWER LEGS AND FEET HAS NOW CAUSED AN ATTACK OF GOUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!.

• Posted

this medication makes me very anxious all the time and I get lightheaded , How long do the side effects stay with you on this medication?

• Posted

From what I have read, it will take at least 2 weeks to get out of your system. I have a doctor's appointment this Tuesday and it will be 2 weeks since I took the last pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.