Amlodipine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have been taking Amlodipine for 10 years but after some lifestyle changes including losing a load of weight my BP is now normal and my GP has taken me off all meds.

While taking Amlodipine I suffered no ill effects at all and seem to have tolerated it well.

However since stopping about a month ago I am experiencing light headedness and some fatigue.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Charlie. I was on Amlodipine since 2019 During those years I hardly felt any side effects.

I made an effort last year to diet cleanly and exercise. I stopped taking the medication and after a full year, I'm feeling tired and go through labored breathing for about 15mins Sometimes shorter periods. Some days I don't have this attacks but when I do, I know what day it will happen! BP goes to 150/90 like clockwork. For some reason, it tops there. Some people on this forum said the same thing. They are right. When the attacks goes away, it drops near or at 130/88 Pulse rate hovers around 81 during the attacks. Knowing this, I'm hardly exercising.

This Med is poison and the only way to stop this is to go back on it. Probably for life. Depending how long you've been on it, withdrawal will last indefinitely. This is an effective drug. I had no issues but I think it's time for me to back on it. I hope you can find a way out of it.

• Posted

Hi Charlie,

I have stopped taking Amlodipine a month ago, fatigue and light headed feeling is one of many symptoms of my withdrawal. I was taking Amlodipine 10mg for 3 years. During my first 2.5 years all worked fine, but the last six months caused me lot of problems it's a another long story...

Other withdrawal effects includes muscle tension, ringing in ears, headaches, gastric problems and huge amount of anxiety, depression connected with physical anxiety symptoms like chills, tremors, feeling like something is stuck in the throat, which i never had before. As i read here stories from others these symptoms can sometimes stay for longer than a month. I hope we will get better in a few weeks time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.