Amlodipine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I would like to know if anyone has found that taking Amlodipine at night lessens the side effects.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi gailo1923,

Side effects were exactly same for me, it doesn't matter if i took them in the morning or evening, They do have very long half life as well, which means they can stay in your system for almost 12days and even if you stop taking them and that's just time to clear from your system, some side effects keep bothering me even months after i stopped taking them. Also their max. peak time is from 6hours after you take them, so they are slow release as they have to work for 24hours. I used them for almost 3 years... But that's just me, each of us is different and react differently, some people don't have any side effects and some of us are more sensitive...

On the other hand, side effects will ease up and subside in most people in couple of weeks time, when your body/system adjust to them. if the side effects persist for more than a few weeks or if they are extreme, it is best to talk to your doctor and ask for meds change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.