Amlodipine and burning feet - has anyone experienced this side effect?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been suffering from redness and burning on the soles of my feet for about 4 months now. My GP initially diagnosed dermatitis and prescribed steroid treatment and emollients. This hasn't solved the problem. I eventually had a face to face appointment with my GP last week (had only had online and telephone consultations previously) and told him of my fears that I could have Erythromelalgia. He had never heard of this but on looking it up he agreed it could be a possibility. I told him that in my research I had seen that Calcium Channel Blockers can cause this. I have been taking one of these for high blood pressure for about 9 months, Amlodipine. He immediately said I could stop these and take another type of blood pressure tablet instead. I have been off them for 4 days and haven't seen a huge improvement yet but am hoping. Apparently it takes about 11 days for Amlodipine to go out of your system.

I have since discovered lots of discussions on this site regarding side effects of Amlodipine but they seem to be old threads. I just wondered if anyone else has suffered similar symptoms while taking this drug.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.