Amlodipine and dental problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking Amlodipine for two years due to high BP.

For a similar period of time I have experienced dental problems and needed multiple fillings. Has anyone else had similar problems?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on a 10mg calcium channel blocker pill Amlodipine one year now for BP

Not had any dental problems except a benine lump inside my mouth 3 months ago.

Though this drug has caused my ankles to swell up considerably, which is one of the many side effects.

Sorry not much help

Best wishes

Pat

• Posted

Thanks Pat. Did you have to stop amlodepine after your ankles swelling?
    • Posted

Hi Davidg. Without seeing my GP I cut the Amlodipine from 10mg to 5mg That was about a month or so ago, since then my ankles have stayed down.I am keeping a diary of my BP and it seems to be okay.

It is my intention to come of it altogether but slowly slowly I think.

Pat

• Posted

Thanks Pat. I've been on Amlodepine 5mgs for a couple of years. Find that taking it later in the day (about 2pm) better (get a better sleep)

• Posted

Yes me too, I started taking Amlodipine around 7 pm as my BP seems to spike in early hours  I appear to be improving there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.