Amlodipine and extreme bloating

Posted , 2 users are following.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced bloating and seemingly increased list of foods that you can't tolerate? I was on Amlodipine for about 10 years but stopped on 1 August because I thought it might be causing hair loss. I am now on Telmisartan and Indapamide. About two years ago I realised that I was lactose intolerant. I eliminated lactose but there was an increasing number of foods that I reacted to. 

I have have been on Telmisartan which is an angiotensin receptor blocker for 5 weeks and I am able to eat some normal dairy products. The only that has changed is the blood pressure medication. What do you all think? GPs think it is all in my mind and it is a nocebo effect. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think being a doctor is in the mind of your doctor.. please change him/her... educate yourself about what you are taking and go as natural as possible.. 
    • Posted

Hi Ann, I do lots of research into my conditions and medications I am taking.  Doctors don't really like it though. You are right, I will change doctors and trying to go as natural as possible.

• Posted

Good for you Paula.. you are darn right doctors don't like it.. Did you know here in that states they actually get rewarded for getting people on medication and get penalized if they fail to create a patient.. particularly where bp is concerned..  lowering numbers is actually bad for you and the Joint National Committee sets the guidelines.. I'm furious at the healthcare system....and what it is doing to people.. and the worst part is people are letting them do it..Why because the trust their doctor...

• Posted

I believe that here in the UK, GPs surgery receives points (which will be converted to money) for diagnosing people with hypertension and other conditions but I don't know exactly how it works. Why people trust their doctor implicitly? I only last week told my GP that I have a problem trusting doctors. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.