Skip to content

Hypertension

Also known as Amiloride, Bendroflumethiazide, Blood Pressure High, Bumetanide, Cardozin, Cardura, Chlortalidone, Cyclopenthiazide, Diuretics, Doxazosin for High Blood Pressure, Furosemide, High Blood Pressure, Indapamide, Portal Hypertension, Pulmonary Hypertension, Spironolactone, Thiazide, Torasemide, Triamterene, Xipamide

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Losartan/hydrochlorothiazide

Hi there Have been on this 100/12.5mg combo for around 2 months now after adverse reaction to amlodipine. I've started noticing tingling and sharp pains in my legs - more annoying than painful. Anyone else have leg issues with diuretics? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Last reply
  • Getting diastolic number down?

Hi all,  Bit of background followed by a question... Diagnosed with HBP just over a year ago - started out at 180/110 5mg of amlodipine, and 10kg weight loss, normalled out at 120/80 Hard winter, 8kg weight gain, BP at 160/100 Still on 5mg of amlodipine, but now with 25mg of losartan 2kg weight...

Last reply
  • Almost blacking out, no idea what happened ?

The other day I took part in smoking half a blunt, fast forward about 20 mins, I got up to get water and realised my vision was going white and I started getting extremely dizzy, I sat down because it was too intense and I felt like I had to pass out. I got up again, same thing happened, but now my body...

Last reply
  • how much cq10

I am taking metoprolol 50mg one time a day and have added cq10 100mg. On the bottle it says one to two a day. Would it be ok to take two? Has anyone seen any results?

Last reply
  • BP Massive Variations

Long story short(ish). I was told I had raised BP several years ago, typically around 145/85 and was put on Candersartan. I bought a home BP machine and for 2-3 years never really saw much of difference in it. There were times it would come down to 120/80 but generally it was at best 135/80. Then about...

Last reply
  • Hypertension Awareness - World Hypertension Day

Measures to prevent Hypertension:- Maintain normal body weight for adults (e.g. body mass index 20–25 kg/m2) Reduce dietary sodium intake to <100 mmol/ day (<6 g of sodium chloride or <2.4 g of sodium per day) Engage in regular aerobic physical activity such as brisk walking (≥30 min per day,...

Last reply
  • High BP and anxiety

So will try to be short. Had a funny turn last week at work heart was beating 105 (iwatch). Went light headed. Couldn’t get my breathe. Was only sat at PC so wasn’t even stressed. Nurse took my BP was 168/102. Anyway she told me to get on at docs. BP stayed around the same all that night and next day....

Last reply
  • Bicarbonate of soda raising my BP.

I took some bicarbonate of soda just before my dinner and my BP has shot up to 167/117. It’s normally around 145/95, I’ve also got terrible headaches since taking it. Has anyone else experienced this, I took it to relieve my hearburn, but it’s making it more severe. 😬

Last reply
  • I got some shocking news from the doctor, what should i do?

Am 20 years old but today i went to the hospital to check on my B.P but it was 173mmhg/98, pulse 100b/min. Am really worried because the doctor told me i might need a surgery yet i come from a very poor family of a single parent(mother) since my father abandoned us some years back. Am really worried...

Last reply
  • High Diastolic Pressure when active

Recently I've been experiencing a feeling of unwellness when active - even just slow paced walking. I feel weak, shaky, my hands and face feel numb and tingly, nausea, dry mouth, sweating etc. I started taking my blood pressure readings after walking or even standing and my blood pressure is high,...

Last reply
  • Heat Stress due to medication???? Please any Info!!!

I’m 44 years old. Male. 6 foot. 230 lbs.  Ok so just a bit overweight. I’ve been lazy for last year or so but have been actively walk/jogging for couple months. Plus mixing in other exercising.  Few years ago I started on BP meds.  Taking  propanolol  40 mg/losartan 100 mg /...

Last reply
  • HAS ANYONE TAKEN HYDRALAZINE FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

I have very difficult to treat high blood pressure due to allergic reactions to many BP medications.  Out of some seven different BP drugs, Losartan Potassium has been the only one not to produce any discernible side effects.  However, it does not control my high blood pressure on its own. ...

Last reply
  • Switched from lisinopril 10mg to hydrochlorothiazide 25mg

ve tried almost every class of BP medicine there’s is. Started with amlodipine...horrible side effects that sent me to ER 3x. Changed to atenolol, even worse side effects. Then I took hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg but it wasn’t enough to bring BP down. Finally found lisinopril and after 8 happy months,...

Last reply
  • 145/82 Blood Pressure, Should I be worried?

Hi all, I suffer with anxiety and I'm on the medication Fluoxetine and I recently had my blood pressure taken at the doctors. The reading there was 150/89 but they gave me a machine to take home and it was 145/82. Could this be my medication or anxiety related or could I be living an unhealthy lifestyle?...

Last reply
  • Bp medication ampolidine 5mg

Hi after taking my bp for a month and 24 hr monitor which were brtween 142 -156 and being given 5mg ampoldine for just 3 days my bp is showing 126 which is good but im wondering will it keep dropping and possibly drop too low?im not due back to drs for 3 weeks?tia

Last reply
  • Blood pressure after meal

My experience with eating and blood pressure is quite different. Here's my most daily life : I woke everyday with BP 115/69...After drinking my coffee I go to work my BP is 128/8 until lunch time, after I eat my lunch my BP goes up to 150/95 to 16/100. I have to wait 1 to 2 hours and it goes down...

Last reply
  • Are Medical Professionals Fallible?

Five days after starting on Amlopidine (5mg) my yesterday and today it appeared as if my blood pressure had risen Ranging from 176-106 to 165-95. Consequently, being a little worried I rang 111. After answering a range of questions and waiting whilst the person at the other end of the phone went to consult...

Last reply
  • Constant Pulse Pressure of 60

Hello All, I've been reading a lot about pulse pressure recently, and I read that if you have a pulse pressure of greater than 60, its not a good sign because it means your arteries have stiffened. I am seeing my cardiologist next week but I currently have anxiety because of this. I am 29 years...

Last reply
  • High BP symptoms

i take 5mg Bisprolol for irregular heart rhythms and up to now my BP has been ok being on average 130/80. However today I haven’t felt quite right and have had a really hot face and feel like I’m shaking on the inside. When I took my BP it was 148/84 and on a couple of occasions a little bit higher....

Last reply
  • which is important: Systolic reading or diastolic reading

I have always paid attention to the diastolic reading, but is it true that they like the systolic reading below certain figure? ​I have always aimed to have the diastolic below 80, but my systolic is sometimes above 125. What should the reading be for normal BP? ​Also, if I measure my BP soon after exercise,...

Last reply
  • Please Help Me!

Please give me your thoughts on this . I'm a very anxious guy when I take my blood pressure , first reading is usually around 145-155 over 85-94 , however , when I take them BACK TO BACK ( no wait time between readings) my blood pressure goes all the way down to under 120 over 80 . I have read a...

Last reply
  • Help on BP meds: after 4 failures, looking for other options

Hi, I am a 26 years old male who suffers from high blood pressure (145/95) despite being fit, doing regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, no family history of high BP, no smoking and moderate drinking. In only 12 months, I've been put on: - Lisinopril 20mg: hair loss - Amlodipine 10mg: swollen...

Last reply
  • Can someone please explain this?

Whenever I take my blood pressure anything like slouching, talking and moving can raise my blood pressure significantly , like 15-25+ on the systolic and 10-20 on the diastolic.  My blood pressure ranges from 115-123 over 65-75 but whenever I do anything of the listed above It can be 140/85-90. ...

Last reply
  • Just started taking nifedipine or Adalat Oros 20mg

has anyone else taken this drug?  My blood pressure was too high 165 /95. I am not overweight and reasonably fit 67year old,I walk every day and eat healthily. i don’t like being on medication but have a family history of heart attacks. i only take one tablet at night 20 mg. it has brought my blood...

Posted
  • HBP Spikes

Hello: I get terrible BP spikes (175/100) after weeks of normalcy (120/80).  It doesn’t usually last long, sometimes only minutes, but it scares me and then, of course, my BP goes even higher.  If I go to ER and it’s up like that it doesn’t usually phase them and within 10/15 minutes it gone...

Last reply
  • Suggestions for improving Medication Adherence

Low adherence to our medications as a result of forgetfulness is an issue that most of us are dealing with. I have found many different solutions to it. However, I want to know what has been the most effective adherence solution for you and what is your suggestion?

Last reply
  • Changed brand of Losartan

Hello everyone I've been on Losartan Potassium 50mg for over a year now - always the same brand manufactured by TEVA UK and collected from Boots.  Today, my husband has picked up my prescription from a different branch of Boots which is manufactured by Laboratorios Liconsa in Spain and distributed...

Last reply
  • Medicine Alternative Help...

Hello, I am currently taking medicine for high blood pressure & cholesterol. I am currently unemployed and down to my last refill, I am looking for alternative methods to help keep my HBP&C down. I run two miles a day, eat clean and drink plenty of water. I found that I can take fish oil for...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.