Skip to content

Hypertension

Also known as Amiloride, Bendroflumethiazide, Blood Pressure High, Bumetanide, Cardozin, Cardura, Chlortalidone, Cyclopenthiazide, Diuretics, Doxazosin for High Blood Pressure, Furosemide, High Blood Pressure, Indapamide, Portal Hypertension, Pulmonary Hypertension, Spironolactone, Thiazide, Torasemide, Triamterene, Xipamide

All discussions in this group

Next
  • hypertention meds side effect is hell. i take them off!!

i was rushed in the hospital last to weeks because my bp elevated to 180/100 the reason. i was exposed to extreme heat.i dont drink to much water and more coffee. after 3 to 4 hrs at the hospital they send me home and told to do some lab test. they prescribe me with amlopidine 10mg after few days worst...

Last reply
  • Off my BP meds with a better diet - yippee!

Hi Guys, Thanks to everyone who give me advice over the last year or so about my high BP. I just wanted to post to say I am off my BP meds now because I changed my diet and lost a little weight. So, if I can do it, then I am sure many people in this group can do the same without relying on medications...

Last reply
  • Losartan higher dose when needed?

Hello, I currently take losartan 50mg for my blood pressure, but whenever I have a very stressful day or binge drink my bloodpressure is higher even with the medication, other days pressure is under control, I know stress and alcohol don't mix well with high blood pressure, would it be ok to...

Last reply
  • Stop being a Junkie

I am sick of being a pill junkie, I have to take levothyroxine and ramapril everyday. All doctors ever seem to say these days is do you drink, do you smoke, have you ever had sex, here you go then have a bunch if pills. does anybody have real evidence of just stopping not just hearsay? cheers 

Last reply
  • High diastolic pressure

Hi I’m 32 year old female. Recently diagnosed with HTN back in Jan 2018. I was put on Amlodipine 5mg but stop r/t side effects. I’ve lost over 30lbs and blood pressure has been ok normally 100-125/75-85 but sometimes my diastolic pressure does rises up to 95. I do suffer for anxiety/panic disorder as...

Last reply
  • Sudden rise in BP

Last Thursday  I had my blood pressure checked at GPS and it was 143/93 which was great as it was the lowest it has been since the beginning of the year. Friday morning it was 171/114,Sat 175/115. Sun 180/123' so getting really worried. Also very bad right sided headache. Phoned GP who asked...

Last reply
  • Sudden rise in blood pressure. What are likely causes?

Two weeks ago I strained the left side of my chest slightly (or so I thought) taking the weight of a boiler being lowered on a winch.  It didn't bother me at the time but over the weekend the pain grew so I couldn't lie comfortably in bed so I went to the doctors.  He said I had strained...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure has lowered

Hi, i am 20 years old and I have been on hrt currently for just over 4 years, I developed hypertension in that time and been on beta blockers for the last 3 years, my blood pressure usually ranges between 160/90 and 140/90 depending but I went to the doctors recently and it was found it was 116/72 which...

Last reply
  • Hypertension meds have got my life on hold

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with hypertension in January 2017 and although the BP is now controlled, the side effects of the medication have essentially made me physically impaired. Although I wasn't aware of any symptoms for HBP, I went to A & E as I had a pain behind my eye along with a...

Last reply
  • amlodipine besylate night sweats

VA hospital started me on amlodipine besylate 5mg a day after I went to the hospital with internal bleeding and BP 197/162. After a week, I suddenly felt extreme fatigue, muscle soreness, and extreme night sweats. The night sweats got so bad I would wake up each morning to my pillows soaked, my...

Last reply
  • Beta-blocker withdrawal symptoms.

So I’m up at almost 6am afraid to go to sleep because my heart has been pounding so hard and so fast that I can hear it in my ears. I’m sure people have seen my previous post about me stopping the beta-blockers. Today makes my 3rd week of being off of them after a 5 month run of 100mg drug. Currently...

Last reply
  • Taking blood pressure .. Palm up or down?

This might seem strange but I am getting a significant different in reading when my palm is up or down .. When its up , I am in the mid to low 120 and might 70 ; when its down im in the low 130 and low 80 .. Why is that ? There is literally very little different between my palm , just a slight rotation....

Last reply
  • Blood pressure advice and beta blockers

Good afternoon  I've posted before re tortuous artery and am awaiting further test results  Just back from ct angiogram and wanted some feedback re blood pressure  Am currently on beta blockers previous blood pressure reading was 156/97 today it was 155/85 is this still considered...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure

When i checked my blood pressure on a home blood pressure monitor one reading said 198/152 and then 115/76 if it was 198/152 i wouldnt have been able to ride my bike 9.1 miles right

Last reply
  • Hypertension -White Coat - Excercisr

So my doc put me on Metoprolol which was for a few high readings at my doc appts.  I believe it’s white coat hypertension  I no longer use the Metoprolol  I tapered off that poisen drug Still when I go to an appt it’s high according to her  She offered another med. I declined ...

Last reply
  • Just started taking nifedipine or Adalat Oros 20mg

has anyone else taken this drug?  My blood pressure was too high 165 /95. I am not overweight and reasonably fit 67year old,I walk every day and eat healthily. i don’t like being on medication but have a family history of heart attacks. i only take one tablet at night 20 mg. it has brought my blood...

Last reply
  • Vision problems

problems are blurriness, spots, floaters, dull vision, kind of faded and dark vision. If I'm looking at something white or light colored I see like sparkles everywhere. The weirdest thing is how much this fluctuates. One day my vision is close to perfect the next it's absolutely horrible. I've...

Last reply
  • Dark spots in vision, fast heart rate, can't stay still

My gf has had this thing twice now where her vision will have black spots, her heart will race for 10-15min, and it's beating so fast she can't keep still. She won't go to the doctor, but she seems to think it's related to blood pressure. This time she bent down to get something from...

Last reply
  • Losartan/hydrochlorothiazide

Hi there Have been on this 100/12.5mg combo for around 2 months now after adverse reaction to amlodipine. I've started noticing tingling and sharp pains in my legs - more annoying than painful. Anyone else have leg issues with diuretics? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Last reply
  • Getting diastolic number down?

Hi all,  Bit of background followed by a question... Diagnosed with HBP just over a year ago - started out at 180/110 5mg of amlodipine, and 10kg weight loss, normalled out at 120/80 Hard winter, 8kg weight gain, BP at 160/100 Still on 5mg of amlodipine, but now with 25mg of losartan 2kg weight...

Last reply
  • Almost blacking out, no idea what happened ?

The other day I took part in smoking half a blunt, fast forward about 20 mins, I got up to get water and realised my vision was going white and I started getting extremely dizzy, I sat down because it was too intense and I felt like I had to pass out. I got up again, same thing happened, but now my body...

Last reply
  • how much cq10

I am taking metoprolol 50mg one time a day and have added cq10 100mg. On the bottle it says one to two a day. Would it be ok to take two? Has anyone seen any results?

Last reply
  • BP Massive Variations

Long story short(ish). I was told I had raised BP several years ago, typically around 145/85 and was put on Candersartan. I bought a home BP machine and for 2-3 years never really saw much of difference in it. There were times it would come down to 120/80 but generally it was at best 135/80. Then about...

Last reply
  • Hypertension Awareness - World Hypertension Day

Measures to prevent Hypertension:- Maintain normal body weight for adults (e.g. body mass index 20–25 kg/m2) Reduce dietary sodium intake to <100 mmol/ day (<6 g of sodium chloride or <2.4 g of sodium per day) Engage in regular aerobic physical activity such as brisk walking (≥30 min per day,...

Last reply
  • High BP and anxiety

So will try to be short. Had a funny turn last week at work heart was beating 105 (iwatch). Went light headed. Couldn’t get my breathe. Was only sat at PC so wasn’t even stressed. Nurse took my BP was 168/102. Anyway she told me to get on at docs. BP stayed around the same all that night and next day....

Last reply
  • Bicarbonate of soda raising my BP.

I took some bicarbonate of soda just before my dinner and my BP has shot up to 167/117. It’s normally around 145/95, I’ve also got terrible headaches since taking it. Has anyone else experienced this, I took it to relieve my hearburn, but it’s making it more severe. 😬

Last reply
  • I got some shocking news from the doctor, what should i do?

Am 20 years old but today i went to the hospital to check on my B.P but it was 173mmhg/98, pulse 100b/min. Am really worried because the doctor told me i might need a surgery yet i come from a very poor family of a single parent(mother) since my father abandoned us some years back. Am really worried...

Last reply
  • High Diastolic Pressure when active

Recently I've been experiencing a feeling of unwellness when active - even just slow paced walking. I feel weak, shaky, my hands and face feel numb and tingly, nausea, dry mouth, sweating etc. I started taking my blood pressure readings after walking or even standing and my blood pressure is high,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.