Skip to content

Hypertension

Also known as Blood Pressure High, High Blood Pressure, Portal Hypertension, Pulmonary Hypertension

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Making a choice

Hello everyone. This is my first post.. I have a difficult decision for me but feel I need to do it. A little background. About 7 years ago I went in to my GP to have a prostate exam with the old glove and lube. When the nurse took my BP it was 210/118. She left the reading on a stickie on the office...

Last reply
  • Home blood pressure monitor

I am looking for recommendations for an accurate home monitor.  I have an Omron 5 series arm monitor that I bought a few months ago.   It seems to have been working fine, but now It seems to get accurate readings then out of the blue I’ll get an extremely high bottom number.   I’ll get...

Last reply
  • What does it actually mean to have “High Blood Pressure”?

I have another maybe strange question.  I have not been diagnosed with high blood pressure.  My question is if I have normal blood pressure readings and then some reading that are high,  am I considered having “ High Blood Pressure” ?? I take my blood pressure at home.   

Last reply
  • Blood Pressure / Panic Disorder

Hello everyone, I just want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to read over this and for giving me advice I'm a 24 year old male, I'm 6'1" and 230 pounds (overweight). Roughly a year ago (10-11 months to be exact) I had a huge panic attack that triggered a on-going...

Last reply
  • Fish oil (Omega) supplements raise blood pressure

Hello,  so I started taking fish oil supplements just to try and be more healthy. I started taking them a month ago and I have noticed that they increased my blood pressure (before my blood pressure was always 130/75 and now  after one month of using these supplements my blood pressure started...

Last reply
  • High blood pressure

hi have got high blood pressure.   Suddenly crept up on me. Went to GP last week and he told me to take a week’s reading at home.  It’s still high and I am freaked out about taking it!  Should I go back to dr or continue with taking it twice a day although dread doing it? Panicking now!...

Last reply
  • High Blood Pressure Not Responding To Meds

I've had high BP for a few years but generally controlled by meds (lots of bad reactions to the meds though).  This year I'd started a concerted effort to exercise daily, lose weight and eat better to try and improve things and I was feeling better.  About 6 weeks ago I had problems...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure 134/113

I don’t know if I should have, but I took my blood pressure about 30 minutes after I took a 30 minute walk.   My home monitor gave me a scary bottom reading of 113!  I waited like 1 minute then took it again was 105/74.  Should I be concerned if I get a high reading but then it goes down...

Last reply
  • Blood Pressure at young age 27 feeling depressed :(

I have got BP problem at very young age 27 ,my bp is high always it some time 180/110,160/100 and sometime 143/77 , I have gone through blood test urine test all my test are normal,my bp was detected 2 years back when my weight was 110kg but i decided to loose my weight instead of going for medication...

Last reply
  • Should I stop the anti-hypertensives?

I have been on two antihypertensive medication for many years, namely Amlodipine 5 mg (once a day) and Ramipril 5mg (once a day). Just recently I have lost a lot of weight ( primarily due to low fat vegan diet, also referred to as Whole food plant based diet. When resting , my BP is usually around 110/75....

Last reply
  • hypertensive and colds

I am takinb lowvasc, hypeetensive medication, and presently suffering from  colds. Is it safe to take panadol colds while taking lowvasc?

Posted
  • Hypertensive (~140/84) at age 23. NO risk factors!

Hello, I am 23 years old and have been having high blood pressure for about 2 years now.  I do not take it often but when I do it, it is generally in the upper 130s or lower 140s for systolic and low 80s for diastolic.  I eat VERY healthy, drink plenty of water, and really watch my sodium intake. ...

Last reply
  • Bp 290/240!!

Last week my blood pressure skyrocketed to 290/240. Its usually around 216/150 on meds. Have a appointment at Weill hypertension clinic Monday. Anybody have experience with bps this high.

Last reply
  • can my mom take concor if her pulse 48 bpm

my mom has hypertension and megraines she takes concor 10mg lisinopril 20mg and amlodipine 10mg everyday sometimes she notices her pulse is 47bmp wich is low can she take the medicne or she should skip the medicne that day?

Last reply
  • BLOOD PRESSURE 300/200

Hi long story I found out last may I had high blood pressure after one of my eyes went funny had a dark patch when I was looking ....... I went to get my eyes tested ..... they did they tests panicked the whole place into a frenzy after telling me something wasn't right sent me straight up to hospital...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure

Help I’m so confused what my doctor said. She took my blood pressure and said that’s fine nothing to worry about and then said it’s high for a young woman but we don’t worry too much. ???? So should I be worried or not lol

Last reply
  • Dilemma With Blood Pressure

I am a 30-a-old, weigh 90 KGs, don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, was moderately active a few months ago (four to five mile runs, etc.). However every-time I go to visit a doctor they say I have high blood pressure (generally 160) and jump straight away to put me on medication. And every time...

Last reply
  • High bp tachycardia don’t know what’s wrong

Hi I’m 24 female I’ve been feeling very poorly this last year or so visiting Doctors and seeing a neurologist at end of Feb. I’m so scared what’s happening to me my symptoms are  High blood pressure tachycardia all the time even when rested low grade fever extreme hot flushes of the face only Out...

Last reply
  • HELP WANTED-I'M TERRIFIED!

I'm 67 years old and had a scare yesterday that I can't stop worrying about. My BP is normally around 130s or 120s/80, but I started taking it several times each day recently and find that it's often as low as the 115/65 range. I don't want to take any meds, so have been relieved about...

Last reply
  • Extreme high blood pressure with PD

My husband’s who has PD has extreme high blood pressure (close to and above 200 w/ NO chest pain and shortness of breath) in the morning.  Per doctor’s advise he has decrease his PD medication by 1/2 pill and he felt much much better but his BP is still on the extreme high side in the morning.  Anyone...

Last reply
  • extremely high BP out of the blue

Hi, I'm a 35-year-old active male.  I'm 140lbs and 5'9".  While I've traditionally eaten a lot of sodium and sweets, my diet has only gotten healthier over the last year or two.  I have never had blood pressure problems in my life, and neither of my parents has high...

Last reply
  • High Blood Presure - Losartan, Micardis, Konverge??

Hello Folks, I am a 58 year old chap with high bp. Diagnosed in 2011. Currently taking Losartan 50mg and lercanidipine 20mg daily. I have found that taking anything that ends in "sartan" cripples me with stiffness all over, particularly my knees get so stiff. Anyone else had these side effects?...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure fluctuation

Hi, I'm writing right now because I need some help and advice. I'm an 18 years old male from Germany, I weigh 69-70 kg and I'm 1.80 cm tall. I've never drunk alcohol regularly (maybe 4 glasse in total in my entire life) and I've never smoked either. My diet is actually not the best...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure fluctuation

Hi, I'm writing right now because I need some help and advice. I'm an 18 years old male from Germany, I weigh 69-70 kg and I'm 1.80 cm tall. I've never drunk alcohol regularly (maybe 4 glasse in total in my entire life) and I've never smoked either. My diet is actually not the best...

Last reply
  • Hypertension

hello, newbie here i am 6' 1" 14 stone 10 75 years old non smoker/drinker but not very active in september 2017 i had an endoscopy to explore the pain i was getting in my throat and stomach...hiatus hernia! it was a job to get the tube down and i got very flustered as i choked but we got it...

Last reply
  • When to treat High Blood pressure in 60 years and older

fyi: 'The recently updated guidelines of the Joint National Committee on the Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC8) recommended greater leniency in treating hypertension in individuals over the age of 60.' 'They recommended treatment only if the blood...

Last reply
  • BP Target level range

Hello all , quick question , i am currently on Tildiem LA300 and a 25mg Losartan. Home readings at rest are generally just under 140 by just over 80. I am a 55 year old male , non smoker , non drinker , over weight and a family history of heart attacks (father passed 54 ). Should i be ideally targeting...

Last reply
  • Labetalol

Hello, Does anyone have experience with this hypertension medicine? This is my first day taking it and most of my symptoms from high blood pressure went away besides I have a heart beat in my left ear that came back after two hours of taking the medicine. I thought it was due to my high BP 138/90 (23F...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.