Skip to content
Ad

Hypertension

Also known as Blood Pressure High, Portal Hypertension, Pulmonary Hypertension

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Fit 17 yers old male with high blood preassure. Please help

Please help.i'm a 17 years old male. I go to gym every second day to do weightlifghting and running, and on rest days I also do some running. Just to see i measured my BP a month ago and it was 146/73/80 (I didnt do running back then) since then i have been checking it. it looks like its between...

Last reply
  • Diltiazem - any experience anyone please

After commencing Amlodipine for high blood pressure which caused severe ankle swelling and inflammation of the surrounding area, leading to a diagnosis of varicose eczema, I have now been prescribed Diltiazem. I know that Diltiazem is usually prescribed for sufferers of Angina. I am nervous about...

Last reply
  • Mind set?

So my sister is battling with hypertension. She has had 120+ ops in 18 months. The biggest lately is a craniectomy and it hasnt worked. Im not looking for sympathy... I want to know there is an end to all this. Tyi xx

Last reply
  • Someone help?

Since yesterday my heart rate has been very erratic at rest. It mostly will not settle below 100 and is an average of 120. I am feeling pressure behind my eyes and quite dizzy. I keep getting different blood pressure readings. Normal high and too low. I had one yesterday that was 98/45 but today I've...

Last reply
  • BP/Alcohol

Hi, I was diagnosed with primary hypertension a year ago and since then have been on Lisinopril hctz and have recently changed to Micardis 20 mg. Now my BP is not normally high on a daily basis but it raises after drinking alcohol. Now my question is if my BP is high the next day after alcohol even with...

Last reply
  • What to do to control the bottom number.

I have hypertension. Currently taking Metoprolol 100mg. Doing great. Almost too great. But my bottom number would shoot back up to almost 110 during activity, like walking really fast or being constipated. Yes, I monitored my BP during that time because I would get a headache/dizzy. While constipated,...

Last reply
  • salty foods and BP spike

Those of you who are salt sensitive, can you describe the BP spike you have after eating salty foods? For example does a spike happen after just one salty meal or does it require several meals over a few days? How long after eating salty foods does the spike occur?

Last reply
  • Sudden rise in BP

Last Thursday  I had my blood pressure checked at GPS and it was 143/93 which was great as it was the lowest it has been since the beginning of the year. Friday morning it was 171/114,Sat 175/115. Sun 180/123' so getting really worried. Also very bad right sided headache. Phoned GP who asked...

Last reply
  • 17 year old pulse rate.

Hello I am 17 and recently went to an aviation medical examiners office. He said that my pulse rate was high and that I should see a physician before getting cleared medically. I went to my physician she took my pulse and it was high again. I left the office (both the aviation medical examiner and physician)...

Last reply
  • Coming off BP meds

I am on Atenolol 25mg . Amlopodine 5mg and Lisinipril 10mg No heart issues or illnessess I want to cut down on this medication . I occasionally  leave one or two out for a day but how do i cut down permanently.

Last reply
  • Food that causes BP to spike?

Has anybody read about or experienced any food item that causes BP to spike higher within 24 hours? ​I ask because I seem to have one myself, and it's - cheese!  Now, I know cheese generally has a lot of fat and a lot of salt so I'd expect it might have some long-term effects if you eat...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure fluctuation during the day

my BP remains in the normal range during the day, however, it appears to go over 120/80 in the evenings. I gather that this is a limit for a diabetics. During the day it hardly ever goes above 120/80. Typical reading would be 109/77, but typical reading at bed time is 129/85. Is anyone here experiencing...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure higher in dominant arm

I started checking my blood presure a year ago because recently I was diagnosed with adult onset asthma, so I sometimes worry it is not asthma but something heart related. Anyway, I always used to measure my left arm at home and the blood pressure would be between 140 to 150 (lower pressure is always...

Last reply
  • David Evans

Hi folks iv been on ramipril 5mg for 4 weeks, side affects I'm getting at the moment are, ANXIETY  LOWER CRAMPS ON STOMACH. The anxiety is daily at the moment and a nightmare. how long I keep getting this I don't know  davi

Last reply
  • High BP/kidney disease/Doxazosin

I have been very sensitive to many BP pills over the last couple of years.  The only one without side effects for me is Losartant but it has failed to reduce my high BP.  The last BP pill added was Bisoprolol 6 months ago - diastolic BP has reduced well but not the systolic BP and unfortunately...

Last reply
  • Losartan K50mg

Have been on Losartan K 50mg for a few months and have been experiencing muzzy head, transient vertigo and feeling queasy at these times also very tired. These feelings seem to come and go. When taking my blood pressure at home it is very low but when at Dr surgery it is always much higher. I am sure...

Last reply
  • Blood Pressure at young age 27 feeling depressed :(

I have got BP problem at very young age 27 ,my bp is high always it some time 180/110,160/100 and sometime 143/77 , I have gone through blood test urine test all my test are normal,my bp was detected 2 years back when my weight was 110kg but i decided to loose my weight instead of going for medication...

Last reply
  • Loss of appetite with lisinopril

After some weeks on lisinopril 5 mg, I had severe loss of appetite.  Did not make the connection until several months later. Cut my dose to 2.5 mg, after a few weeks my appetite was much improved, but my blood pressure is now too high.  Has anyone had this problem, and if so, what switch helped. ...

Last reply
  • Increase in Blood Pressure & Pantaprozole

Hi, has anyone had a sudden increase in blood pressure while taking Pantaprozole? I've been on 2.5mg Ramipril for 10 years with steady BP of 115/72, and now 6 months after starting Pantaprozole, my BP has gone up to 160/100 accompanied by increased pulse and pain in lower legs & back.

Last reply
  • Taking BP meds at night

From a Daily Mail artice, although it has been discussed here previously: Meanwhile scientists are testing whether taking blood pressure pills in the evening rather than the morning may be more effective at reducing the risk of strokes and heart attacks.  Patients traditionally take their tablets...

Last reply
  • High BP following poisoning

Long story short, I don't need no sympathy nor' advice, I am simply bored and curious.  I had been poisoned few days ago, ambulance came within 10 minutes even though the operators were engaged! They banged on my door. Got to the ambulance, they took my BP which read 161/102. I've no...

Last reply
  • Monitoring BP and and keeping records of BP and weight

If u have an iPhone get this application free BP monitor... It helps me to keep track of everything. U can also get one for Android too.. It really helps. Here are your records of "Blood Pressure", "Weight and Height", "Medication", and "Other" up to 18 June...

Last reply
  • Im 20 and I have hypertension

Hi, I just went to a pharmacy and they had one of those machines that test your blood pressure by pumping a hole where you put your arm through. I forget exactly what I got, but I got close to hypertension. The thing is I am only 20 and I don't think that is normal for my age. If it is worth mentioning...

Last reply
  • High blood pressure/protein in urine at 26 years old

My husband is 26 years old with high blood pressure, we know a lot of it is due to genetics. (Father passed away from high blood pressure related issues and mother suffers from hbp) He is now taking 2.5mg meds daily to control it, however it's still quite high 130~ Doctor said due to protein in...

Last reply
  • Blood pressure variation and weather / temperature

My blood pressure typically moves around 10-20 points. I especially tend to be 10-20 points higher in the morning. In December my BP was really high and jumping around. One week my BP averaged 143/96 with a high reading of 164/112, all while on 100 mg Losatan,12.5 HCTZ and 5mg Bystolic. The following...

Last reply
  • High blood pressure mess causing electrolyte issues

i am a 56 year old female. BMI normal. Started out on  benicar hct 20 mg then up to 40 hct tears ago.  About 2 years ago low potassium, switched to benicar 40 (no hct)... and to make along story short, fixed low potassium and now on 5 different meds to control BP, but constant struggle to keep...

Last reply
  • Are BP readings reliable?

I think it's great having a BP measuring machine at home, they come in a bunch of models, and I guess you could even go bulb and stethoscope "sphygmomanometer" if you're stuck in 1967.  But no reading method is very exact, and I wonder at the very concept of pressure-constricting...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.