Skip to content

Hypertension

Also known as Amiloride, Bendroflumethiazide, Blood Pressure High, Bumetanide, Cardozin, Cardura, Chlortalidone, Cyclopenthiazide, Diuretics, Doxazosin for High Blood Pressure, Furosemide, High Blood Pressure, Indapamide, Portal Hypertension, Pulmonary Hypertension, Spironolactone, Thiazide, Torasemide, Triamterene, Xipamide

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Can a salty Meal Spike Your Blood pressure

A friend had a physical today. Her blood pressure was measured at 190 over ...she didn’t say. She has been booked for an ECG. She believes the high reading is caused by a salty meal two days ago. Is this really likely? I was under the impression that it’s not an instant process the way she seems to …

Last reply
  • Alternative to Bendroflumethiazide?

Hi everyone I've been on bendroflumethiazide 2.5 mgs for about 10 years for border line blood pressure. I want to change to something else because I am concerned about drug interaction with the anxiety med I am taking and electrolyte imbalance. I have been getting lightheadedness and feel …

Last reply
  • Bad episode tonight...

I had a bad episode tonight.  I was lying on the couch, watching a movie, when my vision suddenly went wonky on me.  It's always the left eye only, but since I lose half my sight, it just seems like it messes with both eyes.  If I close my left eye, though, I can see out of my …

Last reply
  • Changing BP medication

Hello everyone, I am after a bit of advice, after two years of misery I went to my GP yesterday and asked to change my bp medication, I am currently taking 10 mgs of Amlodopine which gives me ringing in my ears all the time. I have been changed of to 5 mgs (she wants to start on a low dose) of …

Last reply
  • furosemide for hypertension

Dear Forum, In 2012 my then GP prescribed me Amlodipine 5 mg for my high blood pressure, which reduced my systolic blood pressure to around 140 Hgmm. In 2013 I was taken to hospital with spinal injuries, and presumably because doctors there had found that Amlodipine did not work well for me, …

Last reply
  • ramipril

I started ramipril, mist sutes say several days to take effect. For me I got instant drop of 30/10 after a couple of hours and it still is. Anyone ekse had it working so quickly? Anyone else ever actually got rid of bo meds with better lifestyle? How long did it take you? In your exoerience do …

Last reply
  • measuring bp

ok, little rant here, but i really dont understand the way bp is measured and this seems to be an opinion shared by some doctors. The instructions like no talking, no music, 30 mins after caffine, rest for 5 mins,  arm at certain height etc are just ridculous. No one’s day to day life is like …

Last reply
  • BP readings fluctuate

Hi, My bp readings last two days were like: day1 morning: 148/96, 143/92, 135/90, 134/88. evening:   129/90, 127/88, 123/86. day2  evening: 143/113, 141/117, 140/92, 137/91 after two mins:              129/90,128/88,124/83,126/87 i am very much …

Last reply
  • New to Group

I am a 52 year old woman with history of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms, vasovagal syncope, and hypotension.  So I find myself intrigued that I am now joining a group to talk about hypertension.  Approximately 2 to 3 months ago, I had an episode while I was out driving ( …

Last reply
  • 140/80

Hi I’m a 35 year old male... I checked my BP yesterday and today at my home OmronWellness BP monitor and the readings are 140/80. Last week I went to my doctor to check my BP and he said it’s normal... I know my readings are high and I’m so stressed out of it... Any advise? Any suggestions? 

Last reply
  • Why has blood pressure increased so much in two years?

Male 29/209lbs/5’11I used two years as a loose number. Maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years ago my blood pressure at the Doctors office was 120/70 or in that region with a hr of maybe 55-65. Monday I went for an appointment and it was 160/101. I mentioned it to the doctor and he looked back at the past few times …

Last reply
  • Off my BP meds with a better diet - yippee!

Hi Guys, Thanks to everyone who give me advice over the last year or so about my high BP. I just wanted to post to say I am off my BP meds now because I changed my diet and lost a little weight. So, if I can do it, then I am sure many people in this group can do the same without relying on …

Last reply
  • Hypertension/high blood pressure

Im 34 yrs old..i am hypertensive so i put myself in a diet i ate only fish,some vegetables and a small amount of rice.this past few days i recorded my bp .at first my bp was 140/90 then the next days my bp was 130/90 til yesterday ,but today my bp was 120/80 .. my question is am i doing good …

Last reply
  • Lightheadedness when standing up

Hello there, I started taking metoprolol succinate er 25 mg about a year ago. Since then I've dealt when lightheadedness when standing up quickly. However lately it's gotten worse, been having them 2 or 3 maybe 4 episodes a day now. Last seconds but very annoying and my bp has started to …

Last reply
  • Beat1954

Always had high blood pressure ,but its under control but since this heatwave it has gone up to150/ 84 first reading of the day x

Last reply
  • what level would you goto hospital

Anybody gone to hospital/utc with high blood pressure? What was your experience? Did they take you seriously? My blood pressure is all the over the place like 125/90 - 160/110 i got given a second 24 hr ambulatory monitor check to see if I definitely need meds cause first inconclusive. throughout …

Last reply
  • Changed brand of Losartan

Hello everyone I've been on Losartan Potassium 50mg for over a year now - always the same brand manufactured by TEVA UK and collected from Boots.  Today, my husband has picked up my prescription from a different branch of Boots which is manufactured by Laboratorios Liconsa in Spain and …

Last reply
  • Blood pressure problem

Ok so last few days ive been trying to figure out my symptons of middle chest discomfort and light headed and tiredness. Sometimes short of breath. Some times ill feel great other times i wont. So anyways long story short i was on antibiotics for awhile and was taking a natrual blood pressure …

Last reply
  • Valsartan Recall

Any info regarding the Valsartan Recall. I have been on Valsartan for a long time, and Solco was the provider, which is on the recall list. My question is this just a manufacturing issue, or a valsartan problem. I called the pharmacy and he provided me a new supply from the manufacturer Aurobindo, …

Last reply
  • Is this Highblood?

evertytime I check my BP this past few weeks it shows 130/80 in average. I’m 35 years old and my family has history of high blood pressure.. is this readings high in my age? 

Last reply
  • BLOOD PRESSURE HIGHER WHEN STANDING ?

I've been monitoring my blood pressure very carefully and I've noticed that it increases by some 30 points when I stand up..Example...a sitting down reading could be 128/88..but when I take a reading 3 or 5 minutes later standing up on dame arm.. The reading is something like 155/102. Any …

Last reply
  • Rising blood pressure when lying down

I am 75 and have always had a higher BP during the night or while lying down dozing during the day. I have been taking Felodipine 2.5mg for some 10 or more years which controls my daytime BP to around140/80. On checking it recently at 3/4 am I am getting 180/115 resulting in me consulting my doctor. …

Last reply
  • Any ideas?

Was in hospital for 2 days with appendicitis.im 20 and a male. My blood pressure was 130/84 when I first came in then it was 107/69 then 135/80 then 111/ 71 then 123/91. Hospital didn't seemed concerned about it but what causes the upper to be high but lower low and then the upper to be lower …

Last reply
  • Blood pressure fluctuations

Okay here is my situation. I went to the doctor if you weeks ago and my BP was 155 / 95. I've never had high BP even at the doctor's office so I found it on. I went back to the doctor for a follow-up about a week later and it read about the same. So I tested it at the local pharmacy several …

Last reply
  • hypertention meds side effect is hell. i take them off!!

i was rushed in the hospital last to weeks because my bp elevated to 180/100 the reason. i was exposed to extreme heat.i dont drink to much water and more coffee. after 3 to 4 hrs at the hospital they send me home and told to do some lab test. they prescribe me with amlopidine 10mg after few days …

Last reply
  • Losartan higher dose when needed?

Hello, I currently take losartan 50mg for my blood pressure, but whenever I have a very stressful day or binge drink my bloodpressure is higher even with the medication, other days pressure is under control, I know stress and alcohol don't mix well with high blood pressure, would it be ok …

Last reply
  • Stop being a Junkie

I am sick of being a pill junkie, I have to take levothyroxine and ramapril everyday. All doctors ever seem to say these days is do you drink, do you smoke, have you ever had sex, here you go then have a bunch if pills. does anybody have real evidence of just stopping not just hearsay? cheers  …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.