Unstable High Blood Pressure

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on 100mg Losartan and 10mg Amlodipine. Typical Blood Pressure during the day is absolutely fine average 115/75. However, i have been admitted to A&E twice in last past 4 months as my blood pressure has randomly spiked to around 220/120.

Symptons include feeling sick, nosebleed, spaced out etc. Both times i was watching tv so not stress or anxiety related and i dont smoke, take drugs or drink much and weight is ok.

Does anyone know what may cause random blood pressure spikes? I tend to get them most weeks but usually they tend to be in the 170/100 region. My GP doesn't seem to have much of an insight apart from lifestyle factors/anxiety/stress.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm in exactly the same boat - have been referred to a cardiologist

• Posted

Hello,

Ask to be checked for pheochromocytoma.I hope you feel better.Best regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.