Anxiety and high blood pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

i started having minor panic attacks as i was scheduled for a left hip revision. i had to find a primary care doctor and when i went into see her i had a panic attack and my blood pressure was high. She put me on 100 mg metoprolol tartrate twice a day. i tried to explain to her that since my operation i had been having my blood pressure taken daily and it was fine. i was an idiot and took the medicine and followed up with cardiologist. She looked at my EKG and said she did not think that was right med. She titrated me off it and getting off it really created spikes and i now have fear of taking BP reading. She put me on Losartan 25mg and when i could not stop the spikes she upped it to 50mg/day. i get headaches and more anxiety. i am 64 and in good shape. Bad news is i started vaping again for nerves. yes, i know it only increases BP. I was fine before this whole mess started and i want to be off it all.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I couldn't tolerate losartan, just stopped taking it after three weeks. Dizziness unbearable. I'm back on a diuretic now, just two days. Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg. I was on this for years before and had no side effects. If I need to I can increase the dose.

• Posted

Yes I understand that, me too. Anxiety plays havoc with me though. I too am afraid to take bp readings since I found out that my bp was higher standing than sitting. It works for many but it's not tor me. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.