Amlodipine and Tinnitus

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi All

Are any of you experiencing Tinnitus as a result of taking this drug.

I am taking Acerycal 10/5 which contains amlodpine and have now been inflicted with this horrible debilitating tinnitus. I have been taken off this drug in the past 2 days and have not yet seen any signs of improvement in the tinnitus condition. I am wondering if it takes longer to get a result.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I used to take that tablet for a few years,but after going through a few side effects and feeling awful every day.I changed drs and surgery and came off it.But I have still got the dreaded tinnitus that I have got for life now as it can't be cured.

• Posted

Sorry Connor but l took Amlodopine for quite a few years and ended up with tinnitus too.

Am off Amlodopine now since last November but still suffer same noises/ringing although most times it doesn't bother me too much. You could be lucky and it could get quieter as time goes on. Do hope so. Best of luck.

• Posted

What did you get as substitue to amlodipine with you stopped taking it? Which medication where prescribed to take in its place?
    • Posted

Am now taking Losarten plus a betta blocker for fast heart rate. This l am convinced started with the Amlodopine. Struggling to get off the Bisoprolol now as it brings too many side effects. The Losarten is not too bad although when the Dr upped the dose l got lots of horrible side effects. Went back to original dose and so far so good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.