Amlodipine anxiety!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys,

I have been off this crap since end of December, however; my symptoms like anxiety and heart palpitations haven't gone away and it's been this long!

I have dropped 25 pounds because I have been so nervous and worried im going to have another panic attack; it just seems like I can't enjoy life..

Has anyone felt this way? If so did you ever recover??

Thanks in advance...

Mike

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Michael,

I suffered awful side effects when I started with Amlodipine, but I stuck with it. I know many people struggle with side effects from this drug, but after 4 months or so, mine calmed down.

If you are still having panic attacks and palpitations, these may have nothing to do with Amlodipine.

Try calming relaxation exercises, talk to your doctor and seek help in controlling Anxiety that may well be causing the panic and palpitations you are having.

Good luck

• Posted

How long were you taking it before you stopped?  I'm a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist - I've seen people with your symptoms changed by CBT, even those who've had them for years.  Try it.  Make sure you get a good CBT.  It's a horrible way to live, the way you describe, and you don't need to put up with it.

• Posted

It sounds like it wasn’t the Amlodopine causing the symptoms. More like an anxiety state. Go and discuss with your GP also I recommend a book called Self Help for your Nerves by Dr Clare Weeks. Try not to worry it will pass 

• Posted

Hi Michael

I stopped amlo by end of january after my GP confirmed that I dont actually have Hbp. I was on it for only 3 months. I'm still having those side effect like heart palpitations, fatique etc from time to time but it has gradually reduce.

A lot of people from this forum who suffer the same after stopping amlo and they have shared their experience here.

Anyway, I did my blood work and it came back fine.

Please be calm and relax.

Tkc.

ann

• Posted

Hi Ann,

How long have you been off Amlodipine now?

I was on coversyl for 4 months and Amlodipine for 1.5 months..

I haven't been the same since.

Mike

• Posted

Hi Mike

It has been 109 days since i'm off amlo.

I agree with u, i still dont feel the same since. To me there are good and bad days.

Tkc.

• Posted

If you haven't seen your doctor do so right away.  Amlodipine caused my palpitations and resulted in Afib which after a few months resulted in me needing a pacemaker.  Not acting on the palpitations can result in a stroke.  My doctor immediately put me on a blood thinner.

• Posted

Hi Mike I had similar problems after taking amlodipine, ie palpitations and ectopic heart beats. Stopping the med and going back on the original BP meds did not help. After some research I now take magnesium tablets 400 iu a day. After about six weeks my symptoms  stopped and in fact I do not take any BP meds now as the mag has lowered my BP. Magnesium glycinate and or citrate worked for me, it might be worth trying.

Baz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.