AMLODIPINE....... HELP ME PLZ

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm Misty I'm 31 years old and my doctor put me on this medicine for high blood pressure I thought everything was fine until I wasn't myself I woke up hurting so bad I felt like my body was being crushed my body would feel heavy then light as a bowl of jello my legs were rubbery and numb my heart would race I would get wet and clammy hands and feet my face was hot to the touch vomiting and diarrhea and my stomach hurt I had no idea why or what could be causing it I kept taking it trying to convince myself it's my anxiety I'll be fine but I wasn't I felt like I was dying I decided to stop taking it and have been off of it 2 almost 3 whole days now alot of my symtoms are gone but I have a few that scare me to death ... my body has went numb my balance is off my head has felt like it's going to pop off my shoulders due to pressure my hearing is a little distorted has anyone had symtoms after stopping this medicine if so plz share I want to know what I maybe facing

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I haven't been the same and it's been 5 months since I have been on high blood pressure medication. Amlodipine was the one i took last and I have the same symptoms. It almost made me feel like I was going crazy with panic attacks and anxiety which made me not want to eat therefore losing lots of weight. I'm definitely better than I was but it comes and goes.. I went to see a naturopath and that's helped a bit.. Good luck 🤞

• Posted

Thanks michael32218 I hope these symtoms don't stay I can barely deal with them now

• Posted

I'v had just one problem sleeping issues other than that nothing and I'v got anxiety I'm on 5 mg I am sorry your going through this I wish you good luck 

• Posted

hi misty, Amlodipine side effects ,drug side effects just type it in google that will tell you just how bad this drug is .   
  • Posted

Hi Mindy, 

I was on 10mg and I feel like I could have written your same  post 2 months ago.   I stopped taking this poison 3/1/18 and it’s been a roller coaster since.   I’m feeling better, but still not like myself.  I have good days and bad days...but nothing as bad as when I was taking that drug.    Hope you continue to feel better 😊

• Posted

So sorry you had to endure this. Your post has convinced me to stop taking Amlodipine.  I’ve only been taking it for a week, but have swelling in left leg, facial flushing, ear flushing, and my knee was flushing last night and got to touch. My doctor told me to continue to take until I follow up with her in a few weeks. I stopped this medication today. 

I hope you’re feeling better!

• Posted

Hi,

It's been almost 6 months. I am always anxious and thinking I'm going to have a panic attack all the time I'm down 25 pounds from stress. Life sucks right now I wish I could just feel normal. I guess the good thing about all this is I changed my diet and my bp is 135 over 78 ish so if anything came good of this crap it was that. I'm glad you stopped it's total poison ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.