Amlodipine help needed!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I started Amlodipine on Thursday and have felt dreadful since. A constant dreadful migraine type headache, sore eyes and unbelievable fatigue. I'm due back to work Monday but at this rate theres no way I'll be able to go in. My question is do I stop taking this immediately or will this discontinue after a few days? Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello ladies,

I also have suffered from drastic hair thinning but i wear hair extensions so it's okay.

Like i mentioned in one of my comments, all BP medications come with side effects. These side effects should not interfere with how you function. Always contact your GP if

you really are uncomfortabel with your side effects.

But remember, you will feel the occasional heartburns, pain in the calf, dizziness, etc. Zo just use your discretion and act accordingly. 180/90, especially the top readings is simply too high to ignore.

So if amlodipine turns out to be a problem then you'll have to go on to the next medication.

Good luck to everyone.

• Edited

I HAD TO COME OFF IT .TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS.WENT ON ANOTHER 3 DIFFERENT TABLETS.THEY ARE JUST NOT FOR ME .

• Posted

Hi Barbara

Thanks for your reply. I dont think these will be for me either. Did you find one that did suit you or are you still trying?

• Posted

Hi there

i have just started indapaphine. it has made me feel yuk. but sticking to it for 2 plus weeks.

we have just purchased a blood pressure monitor, really awesome!

its a withings bpm connect. fantastic

• Posted

what was your last bp reading if you dont mind me asking. i just took mine 129/91 my bottom number is still high and do you know if this is a concern as well? tricky business trying to stay alive as such...

• Posted

IVE JUST GIVE UP ON ALL OF THEM.WHY TAKE SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU SO ILL .I AM ON WHARFARIN ALSO SO BLOOD IS THIN .GOOD LUCK .LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET ON ONE THAT SUITS XX

• Posted

IT VARIES ALL THE TIME .WHEN i first went to DOCS.IT WAS 176 not sure about the bottom reading then the week after it was 156 .WEEK LATER 146. IT VARIES ALL THE TIME.GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS .LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET ON ONE THAT SUITS .

• Posted

Hello Clare,

Have you had any improvement so far? I hope so for you.

Otherwise you'll have to consider trying something else.

It's rather a shame that all medications come with side effects.

Even some over the counter supplements could have their side effects too.

But don't give up, because ending up with a permanent damage like stroke or a heart condition is far more detrimental.

• Posted

So if you often have normal readings it is very unwise to take medication to bring it down. There is obviously nothing physically wrong. Hypnotherapy or NLP is extremely effective in controlling your stress level and has many other added benefits like improved sleep and concentration.

• Posted

Hi Ladies thanks for the advice. Although my symptoms not quite as bad as they were at the weekend I still feel totally wiped out and my eyes still seem really sore something I did have whilst on Losartan. Spoke to GP today and he has advised to persevere for another week. One thing I would like to ask you all (as forgot to ask GP!) how many readings do you advise taking each day? At the moment I'm doing around 10/12 if I can and it fluctuates greatly from almost normal to 170/92. I did read on NHS website 2 readings is sufficient. Replies on this much appreciated thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.