Amlodipine is not banned in the Netherlands

Posted , 3 users are following.

I felt compelled to register on this site so i could post informatien here. I have been taking Amlodipine for almost 10 years now. I sometimes experience very light dizziness, light pain in the left ankle and occasional itching. Other than that this medication is okay. I LIVE IN THE NETHERLANDS and this drug has never been banned. I do not know how this information came to exist. I take 5 mg of this drug and it reduces my readings.

I will caution people to not under estimate their diagnosis. If Amlodipine does not help then try something else.

There are many drugs out there. I started with Hydrochloorthiazide and that was aweful. I suffered from terrible tinnitus as a result and had to stop it after discovering the culprit. Amlodipine does not cause me this issue. I have been experiencing hair thinning since 5 years ago, I'm not sure if this is due to ageing or it's to blame on this drug. All i know is i'm over 50.

So to everyone in general, please don't give up, find a drug that helps you. Side effects will aways exist on whichever drug you take, but it must feel bearable. Afterall it's better to treat your symptoms than not doing anything and ending up with a full blown heart attack or stroke. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I totally agree with you Victoria and get sick of these rumours that it’s banned in the Netherlands. I live in the U.K. and my Dr also told me it wasn’t banned. I have been taking 5ml a day for 4 yrs and have had no adverse affects. I sympathise with people who do have side affects but every drug has the potential to cause side affects even ones bought over the counter.My sister in law had a host of symptoms that she blamed on Anlodopine it turned out she had a vitamin deficiency and it was nothing to do with the drug at all. She’s fine now and glad she didn’t stop taking it. Amlodopine does not cause side affects in EVERYONE so if there is anyone out there just about to start them dont be scared by some of the scary stories. Choosing between a heart attack,stroke or Anlodopine  I know what I would choose! 
  • Posted

Thanks for posting that. I had found the same information online and posted it here last week, but your being from the Netherlands makes the statement clearer. How the misinformation came about was that someone misunderstood what it meant that the patent expired there, so Norvasc wasn't available under that name. It's amazing how quickly something like that can spread.

Also thanks for the info on HCTZ, which I have been taking without incident for about 10 years. We each have different reactions to meds and need to be aware of all of the side effects and interactions of all of the meds we take.

• Posted

Thanks Victoria for FINALLY DEBUNKING this Internet MYTH that Amlodipine was banned in the Netherlands. I was even emailed on this site a link showing that is was banned..to which I replied that that site and information was Very Suspect...The site looked real professional too..Amlodipine is a powerful drug that you have to have respect for..like any other drug. Alternatives are available and SHOULD be used if this drug is giving you problems as well as Natural methods like Milled Flax seed, Beet root juice & powder, oderless garlic capsules...oatmeal, Cinnamon, Ginger, fish oil, weight loss...exercise...stress reduction, lowering sugar and starch intake etc Will reduce pressure but will take TIME to work .. allowing you to reduce dosages.

Best Wishes  

Bay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.