Amlodipine Losartan Corodil side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I am suffering from HBP and this unfortunately runs in the family. I am not overweight and fairly active as I do something good for my health every day in forms og cycling walking and working out with weights.

Unfortunately, thats not enough to keep my BP below 140/90.

I have tried several combos and I take 2 x 25 mg Losartan at the moment. Just stopped Amlodipine 5 mg four days ago as I suspect these to be causing me several side effects such as depression, anxiety, dizziness, tinnitus and more.

Still waiting for these unwanted side effects to dissapear.

So, I have changed my diet and I dont feel I can do much more.

Question is, anyone know a good method to go natural (food) without passing all the good things in life?

I know, not an easy one. I would like to do without chemicals. I do take vitamins, B combo, Magnesium and fish oil capsules. I drink lots og water too.

50 year old male, btw.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Found this: https://patient.info/doctor/hypertension-treatment

Good advices, which I partly do follow. 

A bit surprised on this sentence:

Calcium, magnesium or potassium supplements are not recommended.

Magnesium should lower BP at some point?

A mineral isnt it?

• Posted

hi Diffus

I am much the same boat, active 55 yr old with familial high blood pressure. I am currently taking 25mg hydrochlorithiazide (water pill ) and 5mg Candasartin, I was having a lot of side effects from so many of the medications that I tried, finally settled on these 2, can't say I have 0 effects but what I have are mild and tolerable. I also found for me that Hibiscus tea works fabulously for keeping my numbers lower, I drink 2 - 4 cups a day, so far so good. It has kept me from adding more meds and/or upping my current ones. 

Hope this helps

• Posted

Thank you! As far as I can see, hydrochlorithiazide  is equal to Losartan which I do take at the moment. (1 x 25 mg in the morning and 1 x 25 in the evening.) Not if thats theone creating dizziness or if it was/is Amlopidine.

Maybe I should give Candasartin a try. I see that they also are known for creating dizziness - as most HBP pills.

I will try to drink more tea as well. Thank you very much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.