Amlodipine nightmare

Posted , 1 user is following.

Check B/P Monday night and it was 164/105. Took 5mg of amlodipine and recheck 15 min later and b/p was 99/67 which is good but the sudden drop made me feel faint. Next night I decided to cut it in half and took 2.5mg. This time B/p was 128/78 which was better. However I felt immediate acid reflux after taking it. I also felt myself stop breathing a few times falling asleep. Next day Wednesday during the afternoon, I felt extremely tired and faint all of a sudden. Check my BP and it was 176/105 and it felt like I was having a heart attack. Went to the ER and found that my potassium was low but everything else was normal. Went home and took the amlodipine again. Once again stopped breathing a few times going to sleep. Next day Thursday couldn’t get out of bed. Extremely tired with several trips to the toilet with diarrhea. Lost my appetite. Burning sensations throughout my body. Decided to take amlodipine Friday and Saturday because it was keeping my BP in check but when I woke up on Sunday I started having suicidal thoughts. I have never experienced that before. It brought tears to my eyes. I couldn’t control the thoughts in my head. At this point I decided to stop the amlodipine. Went back to my GP on Tuesday and she said I was having an allergic reaction to the med. I lost 15lbs during these 6 days on this drug. it is now day 6 off the amlodipine. I feel better but I’m still experiencing burning sensations in my arms, acid reflux and a little anxiety especially at night. Breathing improved. I began taking Vitamin B complex and Vitamin D supplement. My B/p has been staying 120s over 70s so far. I really think it’s because of the bcomplex vitamins I cannot wait for this nightmare to be over.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.