Amlodipine Side Effects.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone,please, have any idea how long it takes for the supposed temporary side effects of Amlodipine to cease - or are they, as I fear, permanent ?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joan9,

Everyone is different, Amlodopine affected me within 2 weeks and my ankles and legs became swollen and ached. It took trying 2 other medications before I found one that suited me. My husband was taking A for about 2 years and suddenly his ankles and legs started to swell. He was taken off the drug by GP immediately and put on a new med. Some people do not seem to be affected at all. My advice would be go to your GP and ask to change medication. Amlopodine appears to reduce BP successfully, that doesn't mean it is not without it's problems and some are severe. Read up about it online - it is not prescrikbed in the Netherlands.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply nannylynn.i am glad you were able to cventually find a medication which suited you. I took myself off Amlodipine about nine weeks ago, but still have lots of the side effects, tinnitus being the worst, although I do agree with you, it is an effective BP reducer.
  • Posted

Hi Joan

I have been put on nearly all the BP lowering drugs and could not cope with the side effects. Amlodepine has suited me because I am out and about alot. As well I do swim regularly and do Yoga. My ankles only swell up when I drive for long journeys and the occassional headache goes away if I have a short nap.

Hope this is helpful.

• Posted

Hi David, really pleased that Amlodipine seems to suit you perhaps, like you say,being so active possibly helps.I took it for six weeks, and developed a number of side effects, tinnitus being the worst ! Took myself off it nine weeks ago, and the side effects linger on !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.