Amlodipine side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking Amlodipine for about two months. 5mg. I have suffered the most awful night sweats and debilitating tiredness to the point where I couldnt function properly. I am sixty but this is NOT the menopause. Two weeks ago I decided to stop taking them and feel better but still getting the night sweats. Has anyone else experienced these. Also facial flushing and stomach ache and I put on seven pounds!

All very depressing and a visit back to the GP is on the cards. I am not going back on Amlodipine.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

:cry: I've been on Amlodipine for a year now. Put on over a stone in weight, yes, I'm flushing again (menopause 10 years ago). I'm 61 and tired all-the-time as well as being suicidally depressed. Having read some of the comments on this webiste, I think I'll stop the meds and see what happens. Not a great difference to BP for being on meds and it was not that high anyway.
  • Posted

:cry: Was interested to read of others experience of side effects of amlodipine. Decided to search the net to find out if anyone else has had any effects like mine. I've been on amlodipine for about 2 yrs now and really don't feel right! Feel overly anxious and extremely fatigued, yet find it difficult to wind down enough to drop over to sleep at night. Also flushing is dreadful and sweating :cry: I am 41 yrs old and thought I was going thru early menopause - feels like the body thermostat has gone up the left and that I just suddenly overheat - it's depressing. Has anyone had a similar experience?
  • Posted

after taking amoldiodine for 3years,I also claimed that my body therostat had gone up the wall. but my worst side effect( not proven)rash, which appears to be spreading from my lower legs to my tummy. IMy gp has no idea of the cause and has told me to stop taking Amoldiodine to see if it goes, after one week still no change sad
  • Posted

hi perplexed

I too was on amlodipine 5mg for about three years with no problems but last october the doc increased the dose to 10mg after three months I noticed swelling round ankles and then a bit later to legs as well toward the end of the day then a couple of weeks ago I got rashes to lower legs and itching went to docs who said it was amlodipine and stopped it, the rashes are clearing now and not so itchy,and the swelling is not so bad this is after 8 days so it must take time to clear the system I'm 63 it may take longer for different people ages etc. hope yours clears up soon

• Posted

I've been on Amlodapine for about 6 weeks now, initally there was no problem, BP has started to come down, but over the last couple of weeks I've started to get swollen ankles that get worse as the day progresses, and I've put on almost a stone in weight. However the worst for me has been my gums swelling and bleeding quite a lot.....

I've an appointment with my Dr today hopefully to change these tablets.....

• Posted

Strangely enough, I left a post regarding nightsweats earlier on a different forum and then came across this forum.  I am desperate to find out where my nights sweats came from what causes it.

i am on 5m of Amlopidine, high blood pressure apparently played a role in my aneurysm in my ascending aortic root was dilated by 8.8cm and my aortic valve had stopped working so my heart was bleeding in on itself instead of circlating around my body (severe aortic regurgitation).  I therefore had an aortic root and valve replacement, I now have a mechanical aortic valve (very noisy it is too) and false aortic root.

since then I'm taking warfarin and Amlopidine but have since suffered worsening night sweats and anxiety. Perhaps I need to look into this possibility as the cause. Thank you for giving me food got thought.

Lee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.