Amlodipine side effects

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to completely get Amlodipine out of ones system?  I was on 10mg for 6 months.

i have mentioned before on this forum about my side effects from Amlodipine badly effecting my knees to the extent causing walking difficulties, also swollen feet and knees,insomnia plus feelings,  of increased anxiety etc.  I stopped the tablets about 4 weeks ago.  The swelling went down within  4 days, and I am now on Candesartan

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I guess, when the symptoms don't appear any more!

But don't really know.  You could Google the question, perhaps?

• Posted

I believe it will vary by side effect and by patient. The swelling appears in many cases to go down quickly. It did for me after a couple of weeks. I still have a strange foot numbness over a year on. It shows no signs of abating. I did not have this symptom before the amlopidine side effects and it is now the sole remaining symptom.
  • Posted

Hi Wendy,

It took me about a month after 6 weeks of tablets but nearly 3 months on one of my knees is still very painful and I also have a problem walking.  I think as others have said it varies from person to person. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I got on much better with candesartan. Have now reduced it to 12 mgs daily!

• Posted

After two years taking Amlodipine my wife gave it up and the side effects decreased within a couple of days and within a week was significantly better. Now, after ten weeks she is clear. At the same time as giving it up she embarked on a diet and increased her walking. BP is still highish but it has decreased, probably due to the new lifestyle. God bless and wish you well.
  • Posted

Hi Wendy,

I've been off for 6mo now. It's not so much the drug that may need to be out of the system. You may be experiencing the damage the drug has done to your system. I have been left with alot of damage due to this med and simvastatin together. Hope you feel better soon. Everyone is different,

• Posted

I was taking Amplodipne for about 6 months along with Ramipril for high BP . Started to get very painful and swollen feet after a few days. Stopped taking the Amplodipne some 12 months ago. Most of the side affects disappeared after 3 - 4 weeks, but the painful soles of my feet still hurt after 3 months. Now all is fine. Still on the Ramipril.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.