Amlodipine side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking Amlodipine since January. The first few months I noticed the constipation. Before this med I was regular. My abdomen feels fuller than usual. I have gained 7 pounds even though I have increased my exercise. This summer I have had some anxiety attacks. I also get muscle twitches and spasms all over my body especially in my back. I was wondering if others have experienced these things. Blood pressure meds have side effects. I don't know if I should ask to try a different one. Which one has the least amount of side effects? I am 46.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am also 46 and have just come off of amlodopine after 2 years as I've managed to deal with bp issues through lifestyle changes. As soon as I came off I felt so much better...it was like I'd been living in a fog but was suddenly myself again. Obviously it's very important to control bp

but I'll keep working on lifestyle for now as the side affects are awful. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.