Amlodipine side effects and withdrawal symptoms. Going Crazy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just heal from covid not that long ago and i had some anxiety. After i healed i did my check up and the doctor suggested amlodipine 2.5 mg. i said sure no big deal. After like 5 days my anxiety multiplied 10x and i had my first panic attack ever. My wife was so scared and i didnt know why that was happening. Later on i did some research and found amlodipine has all this crazy side effects. I been only taking them for three weeks and its my first day off it today. My blood pressure is not really high it was more like a suggestion from the doctor. How long before recovery and is withdrawal worst?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I was prescribed the Amlodipine 5mg once a day due to high blood pressure with Daflon and compression stocking after giving birth (130-140/80-90). After 5 days, out of balance. Then shortness of breath, high heart rate and anxiety. BP became normal (110-120/80). My Cardio decreased dosage to half a tablet a day (2.5mg) after 1 month. Out of balance and shortness of breath happens in the afternoon if i am tired or have anxiety. BP still normal (120/80). Cardio decreased dosage to 1/4 tablet (1.25mg) after 2 months to taper. No shortness of breath, normal heart rate, no out of balance. After 4 months, stopped taking amlodipine. However, had withdrawal symptom. Shortness of breath. On the 10th day, shortness of breath was the worst but bp and heart rate are normal. I thought of giving in and take the amlodipine again but was thinking that the amlodipine will go out of my system after 12 days. i focused on God. On the 11th day, shortness of breath is gone. I feel ok now. Thank you, God!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.