AMLODIPINE- SWELLING IN MOUTH AND LIPS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm only on 5 MG per day, and am experiencing swelling in my mouth and lips. This is a secondary BP med to valsartan 160/12.5. Considering asking Dr. for a replacement for this.   Anyone else getting this, and if so, any suggestions what to try ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Zimbo, that sounds very much like an allergic reaction and, if so, should be investigated ASAP and the medication stopped/changed.    For me, it was swollen and inflamed ankles that led me to varicose eczema before Amlodipine was stopped.  Look at the leaflet that comes with the pills - I’m pretty sure it will mention that if mouth swelling is experienced a Dr’s advice should be sought immediately and the medication stopped.  Good luck!
    • Posted

I seem to agree with you in that I had been to an allergist, he ran a series of blood tests and found no issues with my regular diet. Only hesitant to ask for a change in that this has controlled my BP after a short hospital stay for this a while back.  It is liveable, but getting too annoying. I will probably however ask for a replacement in my next visit. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.