amlodipinebesylate 10 mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

My feet feel like they are on fire and skin red around my ankles. Is this a side effect?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary K

I've had swollen ankles & feet, and a bit of a rash on my chest, but not around my feet.  Have to say that anything seems to happen with these pills.  How long have you been taking them?

Regards

Luvheart

• Posted

Evening mary K

Yes just to let you know I had a red pin prick rash on my feet near my toes & my ankls & shins due to this rotten drug Amlodipine it gotso bad on the 27th of March this year I had to take mmyself to the walk in harmoney clinic at our local hospital my left leg was worst affected it was bright red quite warm to nearly hot to the touch & to make matters worse I could barely stand on my left leg I  was limping thought my shin bone was going to litrally snap in two it was so painful I wouldn't wish it on anyone! The hospital staff done a whole load of blood tests & in the end said it is the Amlodipine & told to stop taking it & see my gp asap.And so I did & have been put on Ramipril & don't know yet if I'm any better of, saying so because I was prescribed Amlodipine last July if I remember rightly & only started getting problems with it this year, whether it was interactions with my other meds it's hard to say, except I did have a couple of weeks break from the Amlodipine & the symptons almost cleared then when it was decided to go back on them just to see if it really was the above Amlodipine it turns out it's definatly the Amlodipine causing my symptoms like you! Though other people maybe fine on them they don't suite all of us, I awaite to see if this time next year I'm even alive what with all the other meds I take, I know I'm not alone & wish you all the best & all who are affected by these medicines, we are damd if we don't take them & damd if we do!eek

• Posted

Mary, yes, and the swollen, red and blotchy skin around my ankles eventually led to a diagnosis of varicose eczema, and Amlodipine was stopped.
  • Posted

morning mary K

Yes it is a side affect of the amlodopine,a similar thing happened to me I started them last year end of June  or begining of may & was fine right untill this year, thought it was the prednisolon & cyprofloxacin taken each day but it was differcult to tell untill I'd finished the prednisolon & antibiotics then when i was told to come off the amlodipine untill I have some blood tests which was about a week the bad symptoms of swelling in both legs withe sevear pain in left leg which hurt on standing & felt as i it was going to snap there was also a tight skin with the swelling & burning red hot rash mostly on my left leg eased up, then when I went back on the amlodopine to see what would happen it's now making a come back except without the red rash though there is a hint of the burning rash so now have have to make an appointment asap dont want to loose my legs I hope I was able to answer your question please let us know how you get on with this medicine or if you happen to change it!?eek                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

• Posted

Hi Mary K 

I meant end of June  or begining of July not may, just noticed my mistake sorry about that!

• Posted

Hi Mary,

I think this could well be a symptom. My ankles and legs became swollen, then my feet and my legs were aching most of the time. They did not feel like they were burning but these tablets seem to affect people in different ways. Go back to your GP.

• Posted

My Dr said it is a side affect of taking 10 mg. She has lowered it back to 5mg.
    • Posted

Mary, reducing it back to 5mg may just work for you.  When my hubby's dose was increased from 5 to 10mg, he also experienced swollen ankles.  The GP reduced it back to 5 and added in a small dose of Ramipril, and no more swelling.  Let's hope you're one of the lucky ones, too. 
  • Posted

My ankles and lower legs swelled to the point that they were purple and bruised, this was on 10mg. my doctor said this was not a problem but I beg to differ. I stopped taking them and it took months for my legs to return to normal size but I still have the thread veins and purple feet. Why do gp's not listen to our fears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.