Amlodipne withdrawal side effectd

Posted , 3 users are following.

I stopped amlodipne 2.5 mg after 4 months because of severe heartburn. it's been six days since stopping. I am experiencing headaches and nausea. my blood pressure has been ranging from 140-150. over 86-90.I had a blood test done today because I was nervous about being nauseous. everything is good. these have to be withdrawal symptoms. has anyone stopped this horrible drug and get withdrawal symptoms

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello I was on amlodipine 2.5mg for about a month and a half. I was having right sided chest pains and I had lots of abnormal ekgs. December 11th I had an emergency heart cath done. I had no blockages and my blood flow was good.

Before I went home from the hospital the heart doctor put me on amlodipine 2.5mg as a precaution. Keep in mind I normally have low blood pressure.

I was fine until day 6 or 7 on amlodipine. I started having heart palpitations, chest pains, dizziness, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. My little sister was with me and she called 911.

I was transported by ambulance to the hospital again. I told them at the hospital I just knew it was from the heart cath. Everything checked out good and they sent me home with a 24 hour heart monitor. Everything just went down hill from there. I was back at the hospital 3 more times only to find out nothing is wrong.

My dizzy spells were getting so bad I couldn't set up. I had been praying, and for some reason I looked up this medicine. I told my husband that I've got to get off of this drug. My husband told me to just stop, but I knew I couldn't just stop taking it.

I weaned myself off that poison of a drug, and I've been off of it for 4 days today. I'm still having heart palpitations, but they're not as bad. I have mild pain under my left breast. I have energy back, but I can tell I'm not 100% yet.

I too have been wondering if my heart palpitations and other symptoms will stop.

I'm currently wearing a heart monitor for 3 weeks. My heart doctor wanted me to stay on that drug!

I hope you have fast healing,

Misty

• Posted

I also had heart palpitations. when I stopped amlodipne they went away.its been 8 days off this stuff and I'm finally starting to feel better. My blood pressure is a little high though. I also had my heart racing when I stopped it too

• Posted

That's something I'm looking forward to is when these heart palpitations stop.

I just turned 35 a few days ago. I hope this is a great year!

• Posted

How long did it take for your heart palpitations to go away? I stopped taking amlodipine last Wednesday. I'm still having some heart palpitations. So I'm on day 6, and I'm having chest soreness and palpitations still.

• Posted

hi , im dealing with this issue on the amplodipine besylate 2.5 mg. small round pill. if i dont take it im fine, but when i take it with water it feels like it doesn't go down smoothly. has anyone else had this issue before? the doc switched me to clonidine patch to help with anxiety and high blood pressure.

• Posted

how is the patch any side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.