Amlodopine/ blood pressure meds Nightmare!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I was on blood pressure medication for around 3 months I started with coversyl it made me start to cough so my doctor switched me to amlodipine well I started getting panic attacks really bad my heart rate was 150 just when I was driving I had to pull over all clammy my face was white as a ghost put two and two together figured it was amlodipine being off of it for 2 months now blood pressure is 120 over 84 on the highest and I still feel the am lodipine side-effects I'm anxious all the time I've lost lots of weight my legs twitch all the time can anybody help me out here there's anybody felt the same way?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Michael

Hi, thank you for sharing your story. I have been on amlodipine for several years. I have had twitching in my back muscles, pain in my back muscles lower back. Pain and swelling in my Achilles heel. Gout in my toe that goes from one foot to a next every other week. It's miserable, I am on government insurance and the doctors suck. I just changed over to new insurance and I'm hoping to get better care. Someone who will listen this medicine should be banned it's the worst

• Posted

Hello Michael

I was on beta blocker (for 2 mths) and then switched to amlodipine (1 mth) because BB made me like a zombie. I had terrible side effect from both bp meds.

I am now being off from amlo for over 1 month but still feel the withdrawal symptoms.

My anxiety and heart palpitation has reduced by 70%. No more leg cramps. Some days I felt good but there were days i felt extremely tired with headache and hardly did anything except spending hours in bed. When i wake up this morning, i realised that my swollen eyelid (left) has reduced and almost back to the normal shape.

From what i read in this forum, it will take a while for our body to readjust to a normal state as before. Time will heal. Slowly but surely.

I dont want to be on any bp meds anymore. U take care.

• Posted

Hi michael ,

have a look on patient uk at  Torsade de pointes ,oh and if on bendrofluazide (water tabs, on NICE with bendros ,  might explain what your going through . gook luck  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.