Amlodopine combined with statin

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am on 5mg amlodopine daily as well as atorvastatin 5mg. I was getting muscle symptoms when just on the station some time ago so came off it for a while but back on it now to see if problems return but now with amlodopine it is a bit confusing. So I have temporarily stopped the statin.

what I had recently is slightly aching muscles mainly in my left leg and odd muscle aches (low key stuff which comes and goes). But new recently was extreem cramp back of left leg (lasted 10mins and left a bruised muscle for 3 days), also some slight cramp in foot, also sticky eyes in the morning and often during the day find myself having to wipe clear but no discharge or red eyeball.

i be a suspicion that the amlodopine is causing this. Anyone similar experiences? Wondering also how long it takes secondaries to die down. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I recently requested my doctor change my BP medication from Amlodipine to Lisinopril (5mg) because of all the side effects from the Amlodipine.   Amlodipine affected the left side of my body and now that you mentioned your eye I am now wondering if the Amlodipine was causing my left eye to water and both eyes stay red. Other side effects included gastrointestinal discomfort, burning in stomach/intestine, cramping, pain in shoulder left side, neck, back.  I did not realize until this year that my problems were possibly  the result of the Amlodipine. At one point I thought I was having heart problems but Doctor did heart cath and found no problem. Now, I have been off for about a week and feel like I'm no longer living in a fog as well. The symptoms were gradual so I did not realize it was the Amlodipine. I'm suppose to take statins but I have muscle cramps so I do not take them. Oh...by the way, I stopped taking the Amlodipine and most symptoms started to subside in a couple of days. When I told my doctor, she agreed to make the change. I know everyone is different, but I've noticed that there are similar symptoms in most reviews about Amlodipine. I hope this helps and you find your pathway to better health. 

• Posted

Yes my problem is the Amlodopine. Since stopping it all those problems have subsided. Now I'm going to restart the Atorvastatin 10mg to see if stains affect me as well.

• Posted

Happy,

I haven't on Amlodipine and I roofer severe red eyes and watery eyes looks like have terrible algeries. I am also getting severe lower back muscle pain . It's terrible I can't function not able to have a normal life my back is killing me this morning I could feel literally feel the muscle in my back Contracting I had a heating pad I take Tylenol I can't take ibuprofen because I'm on coumadin I can't take this anymore is there any other medication for amlodipine or Pravastatin pravastatin causes many muscle cramps severe what would happen if I just stop taking it all together but I immediately get high cholesterol and have a heart attack

• Posted

with those sort of problems you should go back to your Dr. and discuss further.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.