Amlodopine - horrific but GP denies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was started on Ramipril in June then swapped to Losartan because of cough. Losartan made me tremor and lethargic and anxious with lots of aches and pains. GP prescribed Ramipril. I took first one last Thursday and by Saturday starting to experience palpitations extreme heat in face and chest and legs badly swollen and burning. I took the last one on Sunday and the side effects peaked on Monday and i was taken to A & E. ECG is normal but the doc simply told me to stay on the meds as BP is high. today i am starting to feel better, no palitations so far, still some flushing and totally wiped out. how long does this awful Drug Amlopodine stay in the body. i am looking at natural ways to control BP (beet juice, garlic, magnesium.

Any others with similar experience?

i am 45 non smoker, healthy weight

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When did you last take amlodipine? It should be pretty much gone from your body after say two weeks at worst.

If you're looking at natural approaches, be sure to look at eggplant! If you can get the little Chinese or Japanese varieties where you can also eat the skin, they're really easy - just microwave for a couple of minutes in a covered dish (they give off liquid and you want to save the liquid!), and then top with any sauce, or add to any dish. Eight ounces or so is as good as any pill you'll get at the pharmacy, lasts about a day.

Shiitake mushrooms are another.

Beets really work too.

Dark chocolate has natural beta blockers that work too.

These are all no-foolin' treatments, they work within an hour or so, and I'm talking twenty points or more. But pills are easier, if you can find one(s) that work for you.

• Posted

Thanks so much for all the advice.

I took the last Amlopodine 3 days ago so its probably still having some effect. But it getting less

• Posted

Amlodipine has a half-life of over 24 hours, so figure it cuts in half every day, but the effects may linger another day or two. Sounds like you should be getting close.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.