Amlopadine side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

After a recent visit to my dentist he pointed out that my gums were swollen and on checking my medical records pointed out that one of the side effects of  amlopadine was swollen gums! On checking the other side effects I discovered I was also suffering from swollen ankles,palpitations,sore joints,breast enlargement(to my partners amusement) weight increase,tingling limbs and sleeplessness,I am now convinced  that all these side effects are a result of taking amlopadine for the past 5 years and am going to make an appointment to see my go ASAP. be very wary when taking amlopadine!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I wonder that Amlopidine hasn't been 'yellow carded'.  

It makes you wonder how strong an influence pharmaceutical companies have over our medical practitioners.

• Posted

Hi Nigel

Your discription of your side effects, is exactly what I have been experiencing. I went to my doctors a few weeks ago, complaining of the amount of side effects, but he still thought I should carry on, at least for another month and if still my BP has not decreased he would give me another tablet as well as the amlodipine.

Well!! I have just come back off my holiday and during, middway through them I decided to stop taking amlodipine. My legs, ankles and feet were swelling like mad and not going down as previously experienced. I've had enough of this drug. It restricts to some extent of physical excercise, ie walking. I have just felt trapped, not knowing what to do for the best. I've been on it for the last four months, but I cannot see a reduction on my BP at all, to be honest. My cousin who I went on holiday with also suffered with high BP and he felt dizzy with amlododipine and his doctor replaced it with Lercanidipine. His BP has gone down and he said to me that he has not suffered with any side effects. Anyway I am now at this miniute going to try and get an appointment with my doctor.

• Posted

Hi Nigel, the skin in my mouth kept peeling off! Never woul dhave freamed it was the Amlodipine. I wish I could say that was all it did to me.
  • Posted

Yes. same symptoms here also.Skin rash got worse and worse and spread. After discontinuing lisinopril rash and itching went away .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.