Amniotic injections for Plantar Fasciitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone received these injections and gotten side effects???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

my daughter suffered fir over a year with planta fascitis she had injections sadly they never worked. good luck everybody reacts differently.

• Posted

I've had numerous cortisone injections for PF. Most worked very well. However, I subsequently developed an Achilles tendon bursitis on the same foot. A recent cortisone injection in the affected area did not help at all. I'm currently receiving physical therapy which includes quite a few stretching exercises. The stretching exercises help a lot but don't reduce the swelling.

• Posted

I received the Cortisone shots in Both heels every 3 months for 3 years. The Dr. said, No More. And they injected me with a combination of Amniotic Fluid and Cymniotic tissue in Both heels. Been Pain free since November 2014.

I wish you well....David

• Posted

I received a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection 2 weeks ago, which I believe is similar to what you are asking about. The doc takes blood from your arm, spins it in a centrifuge, then injects it into the inflamed area of the heel which has been numbed, so I didn't feel a thing. He said it will take 3-6 weeks to feel any relief. I had no side effects other than soreness at the injection site. Within the last 2 days, I feel like there is a littles less pain. I will keep you posted on progress .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.